Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,191  
Pressure from the top to be first in EV sales or rushing to bring new models and features to market does have some inherent risks.

1703689770518.png

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-test-my-code-but-when-i-do-i.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,192  

Exclusive-Two U.S. senators call for Tesla recalls after Reuters investigation​

Senators Richard Blumenthal, of Connecticut, and Edward J. Markey, of Massachusetts (both democrats out to get Elon. editorial comment by No Trespassing 😅 )

The Reuters report found that Tesla told NHTSA and customers that the frequent failures of defective parts in its electric vehicles were caused by driver “abuse,” such as hitting a curb. In 2020, Tesla gave that explanation in a letter to the safety agency explaining why it would not recall a suspension part called the aft link in the United States, despite having just recalled it in China.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,194  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,195  
ICE takes a crushing blow impacting over 8000 companies in their supply chain. It may impact mainly their home based sales.

This is not a "crushing blow" to ICE.

A culture of lies and deception is not due to the technology they used. If they had been building EV's they would have had the same issues.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,196  
Or just BEV, software programming issues are everywhere. The more complicated the code is the more like a minor change breaks something completely unleated.

Heck, I could not get the Sync system on a 2016 F150 to work more than a few times to connect cells phones. And they want me to trust having everything done by FSD?

No thanks.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,199  
If asked to cite just one of the many reasons a typical buyer might choose an EV, you'd be ignoring a host of secondary reasons that contributed to the decision, in the name of just one. I would expect that environment probably factors somewhere on the list of many early EV adopters, but if not named as the top reason, the data is lost in many polls.
I'd guess that the desire to own the latest tech-toy and to make some sort of statement are high on the list.
Many do, just look at the custom oil-hating license plates they buy.
Not all that different than pruis owners 15 years ago.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,200  
Heck, I could not get the Sync system on a 2016 F150 to work more than a few times to connect cells phones. And they want me to trust having everything done by FSD?

No thanks.

Farley statement:

We have about 150 modules with semiconductors all through the car. The problem is that the software is written by 150 different companies. And they don't talk to each other. “That's why, at Ford, we decided for our second-generation [EVs] to completely insource electrical architecture.
Tesla does all software and even designs and builds boards themselves, due to their vertical integration, also they are on track to have designed and built the 5th most powerful computer in the world which will be in use in 2024

1st gen DOJO Supercomputer has been up and running since July

From what I read the robot "attack" was Not a tesla bot incident. It was a standard "Cell" style robotic arm. He is just Lucky it was not a "killing force" robot. There is a reason they are automated and run in enclosed space.

Last edited: