Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,281  
A more pragmatic person might post with a better understanding of Elon Musk thoughts and statements on the EV industry short and long term.
The more pragmatic people here don't get caught up in Ego Musk's narcissism, and don't resort to ridiculous hyperbole. They instead realize that most of the Tesla drivers here at TBN are unique first adopters that have spare money or extreme FSD hopes and dreams , wheras the majority of remaining car drivers, that in the future will be pretty well forced into buying EVs for their next vehicle, have far different needs than the early adopters..... and that explains one of the main reasons EV sales have stalled. As being reported by everyone in auto media pragmatically.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,282  
My idea of "pragmatic".
2024_01_26_11.01.51.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,283  
We all should agree that wear is not because car is electric, but because that's performance car

It's a bit more complex that that, but yeah basic idea is like this

Yes a Performance car but it is carrying some extra weight which also contributes to a bit more wear.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,286  
What am I missing?

BYD wants to enter the US market but, in a cursory search, I cannot find a dealer or how to become on e. One of the legacy ICE corporations needs a "decent" EV solution and could save billions of dollars by partnering with them.

ICE corporations have partnered before with offshore companies that produced vehicles they did not have...like the Mazda pickup sold by Ford as a Courier.

I would have the same concerns about buying an EV from BYD as I do with Tesla. Lack of dealer support. I realize for most markets this is not a concern but not everyone lives near a metropolitan area.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,287  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,288  

Sounds like Toyota is taking on Bentley and Rolls-Royce with $200,000 plus ICE cars.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,289  
What am I missing?

BYD wants to enter the US market but, in a cursory search, I cannot find a dealer or how to become on e. One of the legacy ICE corporations needs a "decent" EV solution and could save billions of dollars by partnering with them.

ICE corporations have partnered before with offshore companies that produced vehicles they did not have...like the Mazda pickup sold by Ford as a Courier.

I would have the same concerns about buying an EV from BYD as I do with Tesla. Lack of dealer support. I realize for most markets this is not a concern but not everyone lives near a metropolitan area.

I have always thought this was GM's long term plan regardless of what they tell the unions.

GM has a joint venture with SAIC which also builds the new MG electric vehicles.
The 25% tariffs are still in place. I would think even if GM decides to import joint venture electrics they would have to pay the tariff.

They have been importing the ICE Buick Envision for several years already, and it is a China SAIC vehicle but I do not know if a tariff is paid on importing it or not.