Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,573  
Lives in a fantasy world of near instantaneous refuelling. Has never timed from the moment one deviates from route to refuel until one has returned to the route.
No, because while needing to charge on a trip, you have to deviate too. Both ICE and EV need to deviate. The deviation for both take the same time in the middle of a trip. Right? The "deviation time" is moot, because both drivers do it.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,574  
Ready for this? Gas Station Fallacy.

The point of a 325 mile range battery is that it charges an additional 150 miles of range faster than a 260 mile battery.

You continue to suffer from believing The Gas Station Model in thinking one drives the full rated range of an EV before charging. Of doing the exact same thing as with an ICE. Fallacy.
I don't believe in driving the full rated range of an EV before charging. Never said that. I was talking about embarking on a drive, that is 400 miles, which is half of the driving I do. Which regardless will exhaust an EV battery. We had a fruitful conversation about Supercharging and time/cost to add 200 miles range.
I do understand that charging slows and also becomes more expensive as the battery reaches full charge. It was actually a fruitful exchange without the extra unnecessary emotion.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,576  
No, because while needing to charge on a trip, you have to deviate too. Both ICE and EV need to deviate. The deviation for both take the same time in the middle of a trip. Right? The "deviation time" is moot, because both drivers do it.
Good points Clover, and if Tesla owners were honest their deviation to the suggested trip charger could be quite a deviation. But us ICE owners will let them slide on that point to be generous. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,578  
Good points Clover, and if Tesla owners were honest their deviation to the suggested trip charger could be quite a deviation. But us ICE owners will let them slide on that point to be generous. ;)
I did think of that, because charging stations are not as plentiful as gas stations. But, I'm not having that argument. Fact is, all cars do it. Question is how far, and how long to refuel. And, if charging fast, at what cost to the wallet and battery longevity?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,579  
Im not so sure , I suspect their circle jerk would take much longer. :)
Every now and then I wonder why certain people are on my ignore list and then make the mistake of reading one of their posts which validated my ignore list.

If you don't like EV's why are you commenting? How much more of your ignorance do I need to dispel or do you like to wallow in your stupidity?

You do realize that there are EV owners that are also ICE owners? I have a 2014 6.7L F250 that I use as needed.

Now back on my ignore list and your ignorance.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #14,580  
Found this:

The Tesla Model Y has 76 cubic feet of cargo space split between its front trunk and rear hatch, at least when the rear seats are folded. That's one of the largest cargo capacities among luxury hybrid and electric SUVs and electric SUVS in general. There's plenty of room for stowing small items, as well as bulkier cargo like home improvement supplies. A power liftgate comes standard.

Seems to conflict with the numbers you found. Wonder if the number in this article is actually with the rear seats UP.

I cited Interior Volume not just the cargo space.