Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,621  
Not speaking to anyone specifically, just the plethora of recent YouTube links: "Death spiral" is becoming nearly as hackneyed a term as "market disrupter". It has been wrongly predicted so many times, on both sides of this debate, that the term has lost all meaning for me.
So true Winterdeere !!! I am back from my excursion vacation from Canada to Florida 3280 mile round trip. I can categorically state that the Interstates of the USA do not reflect any " death spiral" of the ICE vehicles. And won't for many years to come. Heck I think I saw more Corvettes than I did Teslas, and those EVs I did see were mostly in the cities . Now our priority is "time on road" on a trip like this. I care little if it cost me a few bucks more. Time was always the priority for us three adults in a Grand Cherokee. So we did south trip down with three days ( 2 hotel nights ) the first two days were over 600 miles with 45 minutes of stops , then cruised into Vrbo house early afternoon ) And the reverse heading north home ) I challenge anyone to insert Sault Canada to Cape Coral Florida in the Tesla trip estimator......I am betting it would require an extra overnight hotel cost and much more time each way. We did the round trip 3280 miles for around $480 usd in gas (25 mpg) typically cruised at 75 mph. ......did see one Tesla Charging station behind the McDonald's/gas station on I75 in Kentucky, there was a Tesla and occupant sitting in the one charger operating, ( with one car waiting in line) occupant was still there when we left with gas and takeout . .....NOPE the so called death spiral is just a hope and dream for those that invested in that mode and don't want to be criticized.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,622  
Like I expected.
You have no evidence to back your claims.
Just diversions, and excuses.
DarkBlack....I feel your pain, Grumpy has a history of extreme manipulation and or exaggeration of statistics ! And zero empathy for those living in the real world middle class economy that will be forced into EVs with government mandates.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,623  
Mandates is not a term in my vocabulary. I live in the USA and have free will to design the life of my choosing if I do choose to do so.

I own two EVs because my free will to do so. It was not rocket science in my case, but just simple common sense in my mind.

I own 5 tractors because because that was my will. Today my will is changing on my tractor needs and wants. :)

Most all of today's EV options will become like the ICE options of 1924.

I really do not understand why men feel they're under control of other men because that makes no sense in my 73 years of life experience.

My pea brain cannot even imagine what vehicles will be like and how they will be powered in 2050.
Gale, when make posts like this you lose credibility. You either ignore reality, are unaware of what it going on, or worse, expect that a lie repeated often enough becomes "truth".

BTW, these are the current mandated standards:

This is a direct quote from the first paragraph of the above link:

"NHTSA currently projects that the revised standards would require an industry fleet-wide average of roughly 49 mpg in MY 2026"

Mandating a fleet average of 49 mpg is essentially mandating EVs by government edict.

Your love for EVs is clouding your judgement. IMO your rabid defense of EVs tells me that deep down you know the truth but do not want to face it. EVs are the wrong choice for most Americans and they will not buy them.

I offer you this to ponder. How many of your friends own only EVs...no ICE vehicles? I bet is it less than 5%. Are you suggesting over 95% of your friends are stupid or have no common sense? What do they think about your choice and why?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,624  
🤔

🤔

We’re not?

🤔
Last time I checked, my house and land would be taken from me if I didn’t pay the tax money I’m told to pay , every 6 months.

As far as I’ve figured out, just about every single aspect of millions of aspects of our lives is under control of our government rules/regulations/mandates.
The best you can do is deal with it
If that is the way you see it then that is true in your case then. We design our own freedoms or we design our own prisons The choice is left up to each individual. Having tried it both ways It's my preference to live as a free man.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,625  
Gale, when make posts like this you lose credibility. You either ignore reality, are unaware of what it going on, or worse, expect that a lie repeated often enough becomes "truth".

"NHTSA currently projects that the revised standards would require an industry fleet-wide average of roughly 49 mpg in MY 2026"

Mandating a fleet average of 49 mpg is essentially mandating EVs by government edict.

Your love for EVs is clouding your judgement. IMO your rabid defense of EVs tells me that deep down you know the truth but do not want to face it. EVs are the wrong choice for most Americans and they will not buy them.

I offer you this to ponder. How many of your friends own only EVs...no ICE vehicles? I bet is it less than 5%. Are you suggesting over 95% of your friends are stupid or have no common sense? What do they think about your choice and why?
Do you think your view on what others should and should not be doing has any validity?

I think every one should do their own thinking. I don't tell others what they can or should do and others don't tell me what I can do as long as we are acting so as not to hurt others.

I have stopped creating fear to live in like in past because I now know FEAR only stands for False Evidence Appearing Real.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,626  

I expect you truly know that is not factual.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,627  
If that is the way you see it then that is true in your case then. We design our own freedoms or we design our own prisons The choice is left up to each individual. Having tried it both ways It's my preference to live as a free man.
Living in a fantasy "freeman ".....Ignoring the Government's impact on your life is why many people vote wrong. But we will respect your ability to be ignorant. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,628  

"Millennials appear to have got the message when it comes to cutting consumption – 80% of male and 79% of female respondents say they are trying to shrink their carbon footprints," Bailey said.
In contrast, just 59% of male boomers were found to be trying to reduce their impact, significantly below their female peers, at 67%."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,629  
Living in a fantasy "freeman ".....Ignoring the Government's impact on your life is why many people vote wrong. But we will respect your ability to be ignorant. ;)
How can one vote wrong? We all know what happens in November 24 will be immaterial and forgotten by 2050 when life really begins for those serious about it. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,630  

CA is in the News once again!