Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,341  
What happens when we stop giving EV buyers $7500 to buy one 🤔

A death spiral? 😂

You better hurry and take advantage of the "free" money!
Imma going to get $10K total from fed and state.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,342  
You better hurry and take advantage of the "free" money!
Imma going to get $10K total from fed and state.
I think I'll hold out for a more lucrative deal since the Government will have to increase the payouts to stop the slow decline of EV interest.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,344  
You mean pure EV companies aren't scaling back, while legacy automakers with ICE are?

No way.
Yes that tidbit is why the ICE death spiral will be clear to all by 2050.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,345  
I believe one has to own an EV to know it’s intricacies. Many of the EV haters keep posting moronic statements that us owners have dispelled.

Again I would liken it to someone who doesn’t own and operate a tractor giving out advice on tractors.

This topic should be a learning opportunity for those that are contemplating buying an EV. Not for those that have an agenda against EVs.
Us EV realists don't have an agenda against EVs, we have an agenda of wanting both sides of the story to be told. We have an agenda against mandates forcing EVs on public over next decade that many EV owners pretend isn't happening....and any slow down to mandates is because realists like me and others here air the negatives of EVs that are glossed over. Ideally Governments and public opinions will sway to more realistic product and free market practices. So that in 2035 we can still buy a ICE and an EV and Governments mind their own business.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,347  
One get labeled an EV Hater not for asking questions but for stating falsehoods as fact. For using unsubstantiated foregone conclusions to "prove" one's position that EVs are impractical and work for no one. For finding one application an EV is not ideal and then declaring EVs don't work for anyone.

Claiming things such as "mining of cobalt must be done by slave labor under Chinese management." The only reason slave labor is used is that our globalist leaders have gifted an exclusive to China, forbidding the USA from utilizing the reserves we have. We can process cobalt, cleaner than anyone else in the world but are forbidden by the same geniuses who give away money to buy votes.
We are EV realists, that want all sides and shortcomings noted....we never stated that EVs work for no one...we just presented the different significant kinds of public that EVs do not meet their needs...apartment dwellers, regular long distant drivers, those that tow etc etc....don't misconstrue what has been stated !! ....OR us bringing up mining issues by third world , why can we not bring this up !! its a fact that even you admit in your above post has a huge hurdle that prevents USA and other countries from being a solution. Unless you are positive this will change then it is of course still a huge problem that can be vented. .....quit hiding it under a false premise.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,348  
Yes that tidbit is why the ICE death spiral will be clear to all by 2050.
I assume You realize you and most of us here will have completed our own death spiral ....... and be 6ft under, but by 2050 our grandkids will appreciate your death knell glee as the Government's by then control their travelling freedoms by things like FSD we back here in 2023 assumed would never be used to manipulate/ manage our Grandchildren's lives.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,350  
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/03/gm-slowly-moving-light-controls-to-infotainment-screen-poll/

It is good to see GM following Tesla's lead to lower cost technology with OTA upgradability.

From the Article:
Of course, there are several reasons behind this move. For starters, most vehicle controls are moving over to the infotainment screen, not just lights. This seems to be an industry-wide phenomenon, and the result is more real estate in the cabin for other things beyond buttons and switches, not to mention a cleaner look overall. There are other benefits as well, such as a reduced dependency on foreign-sourced microchips, reducing the number of chips needed per vehicle and reducing the reliance on a supply chain that could have a hugely negative impact on production, as we saw with the recent microchip shortage.

I wasn't aware of the automotive industry moving away from buttons. If GM is committed to this they need to provide a bigger touchscreen. Don't make incremental changes.
After owning my Tesla Y for 6 months I find a vehicle with buttons and dials antiquated and too busy.