Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,351  
If y'all have yourself a Cybertruck, could you give this a try and see how your test results compare :oops:?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,352  
From the Article:

I wasn't aware of the automotive industry moving away from buttons. If GM is committed to this they need to provide a bigger touchscreen. Don't make incremental changes.
After owning my Tesla Y for 6 months I find a vehicle with buttons and dials antiquated and too busy.
But touchscreens never work for me? I carried a mouse in my years of tech support and was quite good with mouse keys. My fingers do not cause normal tracking on any touchscreen I have used. Random apps open or close, systems lock up, pretty much anything can happen other than what I try to do. Give my a smartphone and can not dial a number from the app. If I touch it other numbers will pop and/or the screen goes black.
Then again I stick my hands into battery acid with no bad results, but just a drop of alkaline will melt the skin all over.
It is not because I don't know how use it, give me a mouse and we'll fly around like it should.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,353  
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/03/gm-slowly-moving-light-controls-to-infotainment-screen-poll/

It is good to see GM following Tesla's lead to lower cost technology with OTA upgradability.
Survey says:

1710363728824.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,354  
What happens when we stop giving EV buyers $7500 to buy one 🤔

A death spiral? 😂
Yes the ICE death spiral was well underway and non reversible long before the recent IRA was passed in the USA. Some thought they were smarter than Elon Musk and pushed it through over his objection. If one needs a $7500 tax break to purchase a $75,000 vehicle maybe they are buying over budget.

Tesla was the only USA car maker profitably selling EVs and financially benefitting from the $7500 tax reimbursement. The other guys don't have the will or knowledge base to compete with Tesla as to date.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,356  
That’s the great thing about predictions that are past your expiration date. You’ll never be proven wrong
Oh you could well be proven wrong, you just are no longer accountable.....or care ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,357  
Yes the ICE death spiral was well underway and non reversible long before the recent IRA was passed in the USA. Some thought they were smarter than Elon Musk and pushed it through over his objection. If one needs a $7500 tax break to purchase a $75,000 vehicle maybe they are buying over budget.

Tesla was the only USA car maker profitably selling EVs and financially benefitting from the $7500 tax reimbursement. The other guys don't have the will or knowledge base to compete with Tesla as to date.
Well Tesla is going to have to carry the entire EV industry here soon...

Lets see if they can manufacture demand when the market has spoken...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,358  
The market...

GIk-gyVW0AA8DVS

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,359  
Well Tesla is going to have to carry the entire EV industry here soon...

Lets see if they can manufacture demand when the market has spoken...
The market has spoken and why EV sales continue to climb year after year. Who do you know that has bought an EV due to only the $7,500 deal?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,360  
Another example of vehicles like Tesla failing at autonomous driving tech IIHS launches autonomous-car tests—all but one fail
Maybe I missed it, but that story says they’re only critiquing, how much/well the car nanny’s the driver’s attention, and disables automated driving functions, if you so much as take off your seat belt.
Doesn’t look at all to be an assessment of how good the auto driving system actually drives.
The car maker gets a better score the more reasons the software comes up with to not allow auto driving.
Reads like they’re apposed to self driving systems, and they give a better score, the more reasons a car’s system won’t allow it.