Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,101  
Well this is not good for the environment since they will all probably be crushed.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,104  
I hope Tesla makes it. They are currently the only EV that "works" well enough for someone who wants to spend $40k+. IMO if Tesla gets in trouble, it will be the death spiral of EVs in the USA in my lifetime. Not good.

In another 7 years I will be 80. Too old to care about depreciation or if the battery will last 15-20 years (like an ICE engine and transmission will). There should be about 225K miles on the F150 by then and it will be 15 years old. I hope to get my last vehicle at 80, God willing.

The way technology is advancing, an EV has a good chance to fit 95% my needs by then. Unlikely to be driving hundreds of miles at a time, and by then, stopping every 150-200 miles for a charge/nap might be perfect! I would keep one of the pickups for things an EV is useless for in rural Michigan. But a new modern car would be a treat for an old man looking at the sunset of life.

Heck might, attract a 60 year old gold digger with a spiffy new $100-125k EV. Plugging in after 150-200 miles will have a new and amazing meaning! 20-30 minutes sounds about perfect. If I need a nap, she can drive the next leg of trip.

I am seeing an EV in my future.
You do know today is April 2, not April 1?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,108  
Hybrid does make more sense...but what an ugly mouth! Designed by Jeff Dunham?
2024_04_02_20.51.06.jpg
2024_04_02_20.55.18.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,109