Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,271  
O
I didn't really notice it before, but I had a chance to actually look at the wheels. They're 22" wheels, with a tire with a sidewall, and they're absolutely mammoth. And they have the wheel arches to match.

I do like how it lights up at night, too.

lXkHaZC.jpg

k3c4nIw.jpg

Once you get some miles on the ocean Extreme, you may want to check into some smaller diameter wheels and taller sidewall tires.
I am seeing an efficiency increase going from 21" to 18" and also more sidewall for pot hole protection.
If the 22" wheels weigh several pounds more than a smaller wheel that will fit you can increase wheel protection or put a more off road tire on if desired and likely won't lose any range. This corporate fascination with large hoops has to be a fad because it is not the best way to get max range, traction, or protect the wheels from damage imo.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,272  
Another vid on Fisker.

It agrees in most points with what fatjay posted.

According to this gentleman The ~450 million loan that was made gives one company complete control at this point.

Tik Tok owner is in control as the note holder.

Fisker signed an agreement giving all of that recourse to a secured lender, and these guys are obviously playing 3 dimensional chess- Not checkers.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,273  
Interesting commentary by an EV charging station installers view of Tesla supercharger team cuts.

Thanks. Now things make more sense. Elon did come in and saw what a mess they had made and all the confusion and he was pissed. He will see that order is established and they will carry on just fine.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,274  
O

Once you get some miles on the ocean Extreme, you may want to check into some smaller diameter wheels and taller sidewall tires.
I am seeing an efficiency increase going from 21" to 18" and also more sidewall for pot hole protection.
If the 22" wheels weigh several pounds more than a smaller wheel that will fit you can increase wheel protection or put a more off road tire on if desired and likely won't lose any range. This corporate fascination with large hoops has to be a fad because it is not the best way to get max range, traction, or protect the wheels from damage imo.
I went with the stock 19" rims on the Tesla after I screwed up my son's 2002 Dodge 1500 pickup by going from stock 17" steel wheels to factory 20" rims. They were impressive over the old 17" steel wheels but my goodness broken rims and busted tires are not cheap. He was 16 at the time and did not want to give up the looks of the alloy wheels when I wanted to move back, so I didn't. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,275  
Thanks. Now things make more sense. Elon did come in and saw what a mess they had made and all the confusion and he was pissed. He will see that order is established and they will carry on just fine.

I went with the stock 19" rims on the Tesla after I screwed up my son's 2002 Dodge 1500 pickup by going from stock 17" steel wheels to factory 20" rims. They were impressive over the old 17" steel wheels but my goodness broken rims and busted tires are not cheap. He was 16 at the time and did not want to give up the looks of the alloy wheels when I wanted to move back, so I didn't. 🙂

The smaller diameter rims with taller sidewalls do ride better.
I made a round trip to town last night for burgers and managed under 250 watt hour per mile with the 18's again.

I was not getting those numbers with the heavy ubers and rubber band expensive tires. I just can't bring myself to just sell the Uberturbines ..yet.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,276  
The smaller diameter rims with taller sidewalls do ride better.
I made a round trip to town last night for burgers and managed under 250 watt hour per mile with the 18's again.

I was not getting those numbers with the heavy ubers and rubber band expensive tires. I just can't bring myself to just sell the Uberturbines ..yet.
If I was your age and had your money I would just keep the suckers. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,277  
R. Kiyosaki warns ‘the crash has begun’ and it is ‘a bad one’

Some that have not studied Elon Musk seem to be confused by his actions over the last 16 months. He almost lost Tesla with the Model 3 ramp fiasco and he has made a commitment never to put the company at risk again so he is protecting the company in every way possible today.

I would not be surprised if the number of worldwide auto makers today is not cut by 50% by the time of this worldwide recession or worse is over.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,278  
If I was your age and had your money I would just keep the suckers. 🙂
Ha Ha, Gale you likely have a bigger portfolio than me.:)

Didn't think I could drive my 3500 truck with manual transmission after breaking the hip, which is partially why I originally ordered the MY.

I will keep the wheels for now.

ps. I am doing like you, and letting the SS grow instead of taking it now at a reduced rate.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,279  
Ha Ha, Gale you likely have a bigger portfolio than me.:)

Didn't think I could drive my 3500 truck with manual transmission after breaking the hip, which is partially why I originally ordered the MY.

I will keep the wheels for now.

ps. I am doing like you, and letting the SS grow instead of taking it now at a reduced rate.
Our 2010 f150 has the tow package which came with 4-in lift and I had to get some running boards for that sucker before I could get in and out of it very well due to arthritis.

A friend of mine who is same age as me convinced himself that he was going to die within a few years. So he signed up at 62 and I went to 70 and he's still alive.

One of the downsides a lot of people don't think about is the impact on COLA numbers. The size of our checks would have been about the same age at 62 but now my cost of living increase $$$ amount is 3X more than what his is. He would ask me what if you die before you get 70 and I told him if I'm dead I don't need social security but I don't think he ever got the point. :) To each his own.

One reason my son wanted me to get the Tesla was they're moving 8 hours away and plan to start a family the next year or two and he wants to make sure I can get his mother up to see the grandkids. He told me to get the 2-in receiver hitch option so we'll have a place for power chair carrier if needed. FSD just makes it more handicap usable.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,280  
It won't be long before they turn Elon Musk and Tesla into a leading economic indicator. 🙂

Clearly Elon Musk can see the future and act on it more effective than any man alive today.