Battery cable ends

/ Battery cable ends #11  
Fluid Film is much less costly and good for aluminum as well as copper conductors. Been using that for years no with zero corrosion issues.

/ Battery cable ends #12  
I have an electrical engineer friend who rebuilds starter and alternators. He has a 5 gallon bucket of steel cable ends! Replaces them all with solid copper lugs, because the steel rusts INSIDE where you can't see it. Original ends are always dry (no grease) when assembled/crimped.
Replace the ends with copper and be done with it!

/ Battery cable ends #13  
I am a Fluid Film believer like @5030 but make sure you clean all your connecting points first, then make the connections, then use Fluid Film to protect them... Per Fluid Film:

FLUID FILM is non-conductive, so clean around the battery terminals, make your connections, and then spray with FLUID FILM. The non-drying characteristics of FLUID FILM provide long term protection in this application. FLUID FILM also keeps battery hold downs from corroding.

/ Battery cable ends #14  
I love that stuff and now you can get it in black as well. I 'undercoat' my vehicles with it every 2 years. It's messy but good.

Nice thing about Fluid Film on electrical connections is, it never gets hard or flakes off.

/ Battery cable ends #15  
I clean and buff all my battery and cable terminals and wiring installations to a clean shiny state and coat with "NO-OX-ID A" and I don't have any oxidations problems, a good cleaning and application out lasts most of my batteries (the record one being 8 years).... Learned about this product as it was a requirement to use on DC power system in telecommunications...

Only negative is its like any grease it will hold dust and dirt....

/ Battery cable ends #16  
A frugal friend has a Golf cart dealership. They do lots of service including battery maintenance and replacement. He uses plain old spray paint on the cable connections. He explained that the paint keep air from contacting the connection preventing corrosion. This may not be as good as a fancy corrosion inhibitor but I see it works.

/ Battery cable ends #17  
A frugal friend has a Golf cart dealership. They do lots of service including battery maintenance and replacement. He uses plain old spray paint on the cable connections. He explained that the paint keep air from contacting the connection preventing corrosion. This may not be as good as a fancy corrosion inhibitor but I see it works.
I was taught to use vasoline. I don’t think it’s as messy as grease

/ Battery cable ends #18  
I was taught to use vasoline. I don’t think it’s as messy as grease
The result being that no air reached the connection. We found lead acid batteries outgassed corrosive vapors which caused the corrosion. When sealed lithium batteries were used in the same application no corrosion resulted.

/ Battery cable ends #19  
The result being that no air reached the connection. We found lead acid batteries outgassed corrosive vapors which caused the corrosion. When sealed lithium batteries were used in the same application no corrosion resulted.
I like Lithium the best. I have two on my trilling motor. But I feel like I can’t afford them for cars tractors etc

/ Battery cable ends #20  
I usually use a spritz of CorrosionX on battery terminals, seems to work really well.