Battery Hard Wire

/ Battery Hard Wire #1  

klw_pitt

Tractor
Bobcat CT2025
Looking to add an aftermarket heater onto my tractor but never wired anything before. Says that it needs to be hard wired to the battery not sure where to start or if this is something that I can even do with no experience. Any tips?

/ Battery Hard Wire #2  
Think I'd buy a hot coolant one, not an electric one unless you have a substantial alternator and a large CCA battery as the resistance heaters pull a ton of amps.

If you are set on one (resistance heater), I'd use welding cable and Tweco crimp on cable ends to feed it.

/ Battery Hard Wire #3  
Looking to add an aftermarket heater onto my tractor but never wired anything before. Says that it needs to be hard wired to the battery not sure where to start or if this is something that I can even do with no experience. Any tips?
Im guessing you have a 20 or 30Amp alternator. Thats 360Watts of heat max before you start depleting the batt. Not much. You can get real heat by plumbing a heater core into your coolant circuit.

/ Battery Hard Wire #4  

Think they mean to connect the powered wire from the heater directly to the battery terminal (vs tapping into a fused line).

/ Battery Hard Wire #5  
I would NOT wire anything directly to the battery without an inline fuse or circuit breaker. Unless, of course, you would like to watch your tractor and perhaps your barn go up in fiery blaze. If the unit or the wiring shorts to ground, the fuse blows instead of having a fire.

/ Battery Hard Wire #6  
Electric heaters pull a lot of amps. You may have to put in a 60amp or bigger alternator. 2nd the suggestion to go with water based heater, the fan would need power, current dynamo or alternator should handle it.

Adding electrical stuff, some of mt posts

/ Battery Hard Wire #8  
You need to know the power rating of your heater in order to select an appropriate wire size. Of course you'll want to add a fuse or circuit breaker as well for protection. You may want a contactor or relay to ensure it only has power when your tractor is on and even then it will probably put quite a drain on the battery.

/ Battery Hard Wire

Attachments

• D4AA323B-076C-4381-B88B-BF6B720699C6.jpeg
    D4AA323B-076C-4381-B88B-BF6B720699C6.jpeg
    448.8 KB · Views: 53
   / Battery Hard Wire
Im guessing you have a 20 or 30Amp alternator. Thats 360Watts of heat max before you start depleting the batt. Not much. You can get real heat by plumbing a heater core into your coolant circuit.
Think I have a 50 amp from my research I’ve found. Just wanna give it a shot it’s a rather cheap option I know it’s the crappy way but figured worth a shot and could be better than nothing.