Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #131  
I have a 16" Craftsman battery chainsaw with two batteries. Works great for cleanup around our 7.5 acre place. It's a narrower gauge chain than my gas saws, which helps with cutting speed. With the two batteries, it runs longer than I care to be using a chain saw in one day. (And I can go longer if I put the first battery back on the charger). I no longer use the gas saw, and won't buy another (or other gas small engine tool, for that matter). I love that I never have to worry about it starting, no matter how long it has sat unused. The environmental benefits are meaningful, too.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #132  
I have a Greenworks 16 inch saw with a 40v 4amp battery. I am very pleased with its performance. Works great on small acreage I have. It's nice to use a battery and not have to mix gas and oil. I keep an extra battery for jobs that require a lot of time cutting. The length of battery time depends upon the stress the saw is under. For the most part, a battery charge lasts 30-45 minutes. Good luck.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #133  
I had always used 2 stroke chainsaws but kept an eye on the development of the battery saws. It was enlightening to purchase a Makita battery powered impact gun for lug nuts and big jobs around the place, since it was more powerful than my air tools and way more portable.

I had the chance during "snowmaggedon" the winter of 20-21 here in Texas where it got too cold for my 2 stroke saw to run well, and we needed more wood. Went down to Ace Hardware and picked up an EGO saw to go with my blower and proceeded to cut over a truckload of dry wood with ease. Not sure what was wrong with my Stihl, since it usually runs well and I was running good non-ethanol fuel, but it just didn't work.

Since that time, I've used the snot out of the EGO saw, since it is way lighter than my farm boss, quieter, easier to use, etc. Cleared a bunch of cedars behind the house and cut a bunch of firewood. It's amazing actually.

And if it quits working in a few years and I can't get a new battery for it, I'll either go back to using my 2 stroke or buy whatever new improved saw that has come out to replace it. The labor and hassle saved is already worth the price I paid, not to mention the fact that I was able to heat my home for several days when I really needed it. It works fantastic for me.

It is interesting how many different kinds of battery saws people have mentioned using, and almost all are happy with their choice. That would indicate battery power is a superior technology for at least one segment of the saw market.
I have the 16 and 18 inch EGO saws, mower, and power head with string trimmer and hedge trimmer attachments. As for the batteries, I'm not concerned as to future availability. The EGO battery ARC technology, in my opinion, seems to be superior due to design. https://egopowerplus.com/innovation

/ Battery powered chainsaw #134  
I've not sprung for an electric chainsaw as yet, but I use a Milwaukee M18 Sawzall with a Diablo carbide pruning blade for cutting down brush rather than my 20" Stihl gas saw. It's much safer, of course, especially in difficult conditions, and is ideal for getting out roots since the blade doesn't mind grubbing in the dirt and they're not expensive to replace when that becomes necessary. It's particularly effective at cutting out ocean spray; I have lots that's 2-3 inches in diameter and is as hard as anything.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #135  
I have a Dewalt 60V and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I used it to clear saplings from a neglected fenceline before I re-fenced it. I got great battery life and saved a lot of elbow grease since it was a lot of start and stop. I also used it to help a neighbor with a large fallen cedar tree and he liked mine better than his gas. It has its limitations and I wouldn't use it for pro work like lumberjacking, cutting a lot of firewood or clearing. But, it's more than proven it's worth to me. Buy extra batteries. They are expensive but better than waiting for those big monsters to recharge. I kept 3 in rotation. By the time I had none available, I was ready for a short break.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #136  
who owns owns one ? Brand ?
I own a Kobalt 80V chainsaw as well as the corresponding 10' limb saw. I currently own 2 batteries and if cutting something like a 12-14" tree and a new/newly sharpened chain I can get through it with one + battery charge depending on the tree species. the harder the wood less cutting it can do before running out. Just aftr I got it I decided to tackle a tree about 24-30" and only got about halfway done with both battries. I was also at the point that I had to continue due to where it was and where I needed it to fall. I had to get out the gasser to finish the job. I like my battery chainsaw as I don't need to get out gas and mix etc. It is convenient and works for most things I need to cut and any more the length of time this old body can stay with it as well. I find 2 batteries worth is about all I want to use in one day. Like I said for most of what I need to do my Battery powered saw is the tool I use most these days. If you are going to be cutting for more than about an hour straight you need to go to a gasser. I usually cut maybe for an hour and re-charge batteries while i do something else so for me it makes sense. Also as long as the chain is sharp mine cuts extremely well and of course the batteries last longer. Hope this helps!

/ Battery powered chainsaw #137  
If you already own battery powered tools, I would stick with one brand's platform. That way, all your batteries work with all the tools in that platform and you're not having to stock 50 different chargers and sets of batteries. For lawn and garden, I began with the WORX platform and now have their chainsaw. It works pretty well for small jobs. I have noticed, however, that the chain can jump off the bar when cutting really small branches. Someone mentioned that you have to monitor the tension and maybe that's what I need to do every time I stop the saw. You can't have a slight sag in the chain as you do for a gas powered saw. For bigger jobs, I would use my gas powered Stihl.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #138  
EGO battery chainsaw here. Works great & have bought other EGO tools which all also work beyond my expectations. I have 4 Still gas saws and I haven't used them in 2 years because of how well the EGO saw works. I have 2 batteries. Only cut one tree up at a time these days so don't need the gas saws any longer.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #139  
Bought the wife a gas Stihl string trimmer, always had trouble starting it. Got her the EGO 56v trimmer now her and the battery run out of power about the same time. She had a light weight easy start Stihl chainsaw, same problem, always had trouble starting it (operator errors) bought her the EGO chainsaw now its just put the battery in and pull the trigger. Great things.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #140  
i have several Ryobi saws, pole saw, weed trimmer, leaf blower all use 40 volt batteries. the saws are great for cutting limbs after dropping a tree, really handy around the saw mill and much safer. As long as you keep them sharp they cut good