Batwing bearing

/ Batwing bearing #1  

AllDodge

Platinum Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C, Kubota M9540HDC24, F3990, RTV1100, Cat 416C, D3B, 955L
Have a woods 3180 batwing that needs a center drive shaft bearing. Its a 1.5 inch ID greasable bearing, and part number 13133. The issue just like boat bearings, if you can look into the specs instead of paying $65 you can get it for $20.

The bearing is where the tractor drive shaft connects to a short one then to the main gear box. Uses a inside retaining clip to hold bearing.

Found NTN DC208TT10 which has 1.5005 ID and 3.1496 OD

I'm sure there are others, just wonder what others have found for similar bearings

/ Batwing bearing #2  
The issue just like boat bearings, if you can look into the specs instead of paying $65 you can get it for $20.

Same happens with seals for axles and seals for cylinders and so on. It's often possible to get better prices for the same exact part.

/ Batwing bearing
Have any part numbers used to procure?

Guess I should have said I'm looking for part numbers to verify what I'm finding

/ Batwing bearing #4  
A quick look in my big bearing cheat book indicates that 13133 is a Fuller number, and corresponds to group 52408.

img028.jpg

/ Batwing bearing #5  
Standard bearings usually has numbers on them to ID it, no numbers?

/ Batwing bearing #6  
Standard bearings usually has numbers on them to ID it, no numbers?

The numbers should be stamped on the side of the bearings. If they are you can walk into such as a NAPA store and they should be able to help you.

In today's world do ask where they are made. I can easy speak to bearings I have used on farm disk. There is the USA, Japan and Chinese made bearings. The USA and Japan bearings were about the same price with yes the USA the highest. The Chinese bearing was much lower in purchase price. But in labor it cost way more. Yep same specs and fit the same. It had to be replaced much more often and thus the extra labor. For our use we only would use the US or Japan made bearings.

/ Batwing bearing
Thanks guys, and the 52408 helps
Have not pulled the bearing but its showing it needs replacement, agree most will have numbers on them. Hopefully someone has not replaced it with something other then the correct part

I worked for the Navy with Naval guns for many years. Left in 2013 and with only few exceptions all bearings are made over seas. There are cheap china bearings and this is why I'm looking for Temkin, Linkbelt, and other top of the line numbers.

/ Batwing bearing
WOund up buying the woods bearing and front section of the plastic guard. The bearing was froze solid and hasn't turned in some time. Pressed it out after removing the snap ring and installed, pressed in new.

The jackshaft has been wearing on the bearing a long time and needs to be replaced, has worn into the shaft maybe 1/4 inch

The stub end is 1 3/8 x 26.4 long. The whole unit is about 30 inch. Has Walterscheild 6 spline. Female quick Coupling and U joint on one side and male end on the other.

Woods wants $540 just for the stub end

Howdo ya find after market?

/ Batwing bearing #9  
Weld the wear and machine it back to dimensions may be an alternative.

/ Batwing bearing
Weld the wear and machine it back to dimensions may be an alternative.

Thanks,
Thought of that, and is a possibility. Was hoping there was places for the jackshaft end as there are for PTO shafts