BCS 720 engine stop lever cable

/ BCS 720 engine stop lever cable #1  

Skramps

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1526
Hey everyone. My father has had a BCS 720 Harvester with a sicklebar mower sitting in his yard outside for 5 or 6 years. I finally picked it up last week hoping I can get it back running. Ive stripped off everything I could and oiled and greased, changed out oils, cleaned the carb, etc. I have some parts on order but I'm stuck on where the "engine off" cable runs to. It's the right handlebar top red lever. It was disconnected when he got it and he never ran it. I don't see any obvious place it would attach to and I can't find anything in the manual or parts diagrams. It's either really simple and I'm overlooking it or the previous owner found a work around and disconnected it. I would try and start it to see but the parts are essential to starting and they're a few weeks out. Thank you

/ BCS 720 engine stop lever cable #2  
If it's like on my Grillo you don't need it unless you want the engine to stop when you throttle all the way down... I disconnected mine on purpose. I believe it grounds it out... so it's probably a screw into something that is also grounded.

/ BCS 720 engine stop lever cable
If it's like on my Grillo you don't need it unless you want the engine to stop when you throttle all the way down... I disconnected mine on purpose. I believe it grounds it out... so it's probably a screw into something that is also grounded.
Ah, gotcha. That would make sense. It looks like that was what the old owner did to it. Saves me the trouble of piecing that part back together. Thank you

/ BCS 720 engine stop lever cable #4  
Yeah it was functioning when I got first got the G131... I would throttle down all the way and it would cut off. I would try hard to leave like a millimeter gap on the throttle just to leave it on but not kill the engine. The handles are like other 2 wheelers and made to offset to the right or left... during an adjustment the wire got pulled out of the throttle. After that I could throttle all the way down and just leave it... no need to tape a piece of plastic in there to keep it from dying!