BCS Handlebar repair

/ BCS Handlebar repair #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
IMG_0889.JPG
BCS850 handlebar decided it was time not to rotate, been using in the push mode all winter, almost time to start switching more often. Took the handlebar apart, pried the rotating shaft out, and thought, why did they not put a grease fitting on this shaft? Since I had it apart, decided to fix that issue. Drilled a 3/4"hole through the side plate, then a 3/16" through the pipe, tapped it and installed a zerk. Smoothed everything up, put it back together, rotates much better now. Now I need to figure out how to take the unlocking pin apart so I can do the same to it. Suggestions?

/ BCS Handlebar repair #2  
Nice modification! I've had mine freeze up years ago, and since then I spray Fluid Film into those areas annually (or as needed). The FF creeps really well and keeps it operating smooth, but if I was in more dusty conditions, or used for mowing, I think I would have more issues. The zerk should work well to get grease pushed in, and keep dirt out. Do you store your BCS outside?

/ BCS Handlebar repair
Most of the time it is outside, usually the motor is covered, but not the handlebars.Most of the attachments are under cover, just can't convince the rest of the family to keep "stuff" out of the shop. :) I use fluid film, but that shaft is hard to get to.

Last edited: