Beach cleaner, sand sifter

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #11  
Look up a rock picker, sometimes they can go pretty cheap. Most vibrate and all you would have to do it add a smaller screen to the inside

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #12  
Will the landscape rake (with coarse screening) windrow the trash if you angle it?

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter
See your point about the rock bucket. Thinking that something like a land plane with slightly higher side walls (not quite unlike a box blade but longer) and the hardware cloth for sifting. still would "clog up- just not sure how quickly.

View attachment 299166

If you can see it.... the blue triangle would be the cutting bar like on a land plane. The orange is the sifting screen/hardware cloth but set in an arch. the green is the side walls and end "trap" for larger debris. In theory, sand gets forced up and over cutter bar (could even be a very fine screening at this point too) the sand/debris moves up and over the forward curve, hopefully tumbling and breaking apart compacted material. larger/unbreakable material continues to be pushed further back until it gets to the 'trap".

Not a perfect design- just some ideas
What debris is the biggest problem?

Thanks for the reply CB. Your design looks very similar to the Honda beach cleaner. I like it. No moving parts and it would be cheap to build. The pictures of the Honda beach cleaner shows that it does work. Trash and small rocks gather in the rear with the sand falling through before it can pile up. I may build something like this or try to find more about the Honda beach cleaner. The debris is all dry. Small sticks, small rocks, occasional man made trash. Typical floatsome that washes up.

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #15  
Look up a rock picker, sometimes they can go pretty cheap. Most vibrate and all you would have to do it add a smaller screen to the inside

I was just thing the same - an old potato harvester should work as well... :thumbsup:

Will the landscape rake (with coarse screening) windrow the trash if you angle it?

Thanks for the reply. I tried that years ago. Its either a lot of manual labor shoveling out the trash from the windrows or many, many trips dumping with the front end loader. Its not very quick, clean, or effecient. If I windrow a 5 feet wide strip I end up with about 8 one quarter mile windrows. Its alot of work disposing of those rows. Thanks again for the reply

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #18  
I would think your rock bucket could be modified to work. useing the float setting on the FEL. and attaching gauge tires to the sides to adjust height, you'd basicly built a push style rock picker that was shown. when it gets full just pick it up and dump it.

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #19  
I would think your rock bucket could be modified to work. useing the float setting on the FEL. and attaching gauge tires to the sides to adjust height, you'd basicly built a push style rock picker that was shown. when it gets full just pick it up and dump it.

That's a good mod. I always enjoy the good ideas and creativity that one finds on TBN.

Gauge wheels on a rock bucket and use of float could work really well on the beach setting of the OP and many other settings. Has anyone tryed this out?

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #20  
Great idea... :thumbsup: