Beach cleaner, sand sifter

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter
I would think your rock bucket could be modified to work. useing the float setting on the FEL. and attaching gauge tires to the sides to adjust height, you'd basicly built a push style rock picker that was shown. when it gets full just pick it up and dump it.

Thanks for the replys guys. Alot of great ideas. I tried this idea with pads or ski's bolted to the sides bucket. The problem is that with any type of buildup the tractor looses traction. Pushing also is not an option as the tractor has better traction pulling. Any sand building up has to be removed quickly either by conveyor or vibration thru a screen. One of the big problems is the sand on the beaches here is wind blown. Its not the "sharp" sand used in masonry or the construction industry. Looking at it under a microscope it has the appearance of out of round ball bearings. Really hard to get good traction even with no load. Thanks again

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #22  
I have been looking online off and on for years for an affordable tow behind or 3 point beach cleaner. Jez......these things are really expensive. I have even found used ones but even these are way out of my budget. I was searching again the other night and found a Barber Sand Man TT 3 point. I thought I had found the perfect attatchment for my needs. It was small (I think around 300 lbs) its cleaning path was almost 48 inches, and its cleaning mechanism was pto powered so no external power source to add to the cost. Great.... I thought my problems were solved. The Barber website didnt have any prices so I emailed them requesting a price quote. Glad I was sitting down when I read their reply. It was priced at over $10,000.00 less shipping. Well....forget that one.
I also found a site where Honda makes a tow behind beach cleaner. It looked simple with no moving parts but I couldnt find any information on it other than some pictures of it in use.
I guess my question to you guys is any of you ever made a beach cleaner- sand sifter. Making something might be my only alternative. Simply raking is not doing a nice enough job. The beach area needs to be sifted like the machines do. Thanks
Toro makes a 3 wheel ball park rake, ideal for beach care.
It tills, rakes and brooms in one pass.
Check out city public auctions.

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #23  
Thanks for the replys guys. Alot of great ideas. I tried this idea with pads or ski's bolted to the sides bucket. The problem is that with any type of buildup the tractor looses traction. Pushing also is not an option as the tractor has better traction pulling. Any sand building up has to be removed quickly either by conveyor or vibration thru a screen. One of the big problems is the sand on the beaches here is wind blown. Its not the "sharp" sand used in masonry or the construction industry. Looking at it under a microscope it has the appearance of out of round ball bearings. Really hard to get good traction even with no load. Thanks again

What about this?

destoner.jpg

We had this made for de-stoning. It does clog up sometimes if there is lots of weed, but if you added depth wheels it would probably do a great job on sand...

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #24  
how about the potatoe digger that everything attachments just recently posted about? tacking a hardware cloth to it on the tines might work. I dont think in the current form will work, but the concept of pto shaking the tines sifting sand and the movement makes solid things like rocks, twigs would go to the rear and rest on top of sand making it easier to pick by hand?

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #25  
I'm thinking of getting one of these Sandman TT's or the Walk Behind 850.

The TT is $12,000.00 and the 850 is $13,000.00

I almost sold my property and bought one with less beach but couldn't find one as nice in our price range.

My wife is the one that found the sandman !!

Anyway I was leaning towards the TT until I found out is needs 20-25 HP PTO.

I have a Kubota B2320 and it's rated 18 HP at PTO.

After putting in the order for the 850 the sales guy said oh we have some folks using them fine on smaller tractors. Ugh.

So now I'm thinking of switching to the TT.

My Kubota is a Gear Transmission so I can control RPM speed very independent of travel speed. I'm only 2HP short of Min so I think I'll be ok.
I might not be able to go as fast or as deep as full spec.

They will let you "lease" it for two weeks for $1500.00 If you decide to keep it, they will put the full lease towards purchase.

It needs Hydraulics to control the dumping. Can I just use my Bucket Hoses and just get a couple of long extension hoses?

If I disconnect the bucket "roll" will it stay in position? I'll get the hydraulics added once I know I'm gonna keep it.

It looks very promising. He said it can handle wet sand too.

The reason I'm mainly against the 850 is the bucket size is only 5 Gallons. vs the is 33 Gallons !!
Storage is another issue. The TT will take much less space. And I won't have to maintain another engine.

Yes the price is crazy, but on something this low volume and no competition that's what you get. If it works it will be great.

Might have neighbors with lots of beach chip in. 4 adjacent neighbors have Kubota Tractors.

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #26  
I do a lot of beach maintance on beaches on lakes if there is any slope to beach you need 4WD I have never used a cleaner saw one at Panama City being used. how often would you have to use this might be cheaper to hire it done than owning for limited use just a thought

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #27  
My Kubota is 4WD. I can pull a 4500LB boat out of the water in the same sand I want to clean. So traction should not be a problem.

It depends a lot on weather and how bad a winter. Timing matters too. When the wind hits, direction, when lake freezes and thaws.

It can often be every weekend. Especially in the spring.

I think this will clean WAY better than anyone can do by hand because it will sift the sand.

If I could rent one I would. It's no question it's overkill. But if it works, it will be great.

It is tough to justify. Finding good help sucks. Tried to hire someone to paint house. He was a total idiot and I fired him.

Tried to have a garage built and he was totally ripping me off charging 300% mark up on materials.

I do most things myself.

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #28  
Hi Hiltz, Did you ever get your beach cleaning resolved?

/ Beach cleaner, sand sifter #29  
My beach cleaner basically paid for itself. I pulled the trigger on the Beach Master by Eterra Attachments last year and had so many jobs lined up for it that I couldn't keep up. I think they are the only ones in North America that make it?