Bear Photo

/ Bear Photo #1  

Iowachild

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320HST
Here is a photo of a bear my wife and I bumped inot while out hiking today. (7/9/06):)

Attachments

• bear (600 x 450).jpg
    bear (600 x 450).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 612
   / Bear Photo #2  
OK, I'm jealous! I thought it was cool when a doe and fawn walked thru our yard this morning- but to get that kind of shot of a bear is much cooler!

/ Bear Photo #3  
i hope you were armed in bear country.

/ Bear Photo #4  
I have these things all around my property. Like Goalie Dad said, It was cool at first. Then when My trash cans started getting crushed, my mirrors broken off my trucks while they climb on the hood and to top it off one particular bear started chasing and trying to tackle my horse !!!
Needless to say, I wasn't going to stand around and watch my horse get killed by a bear.
I finally got 2 large dogs that live outside and that ended my bear problem, atleast around the house anyway. I still have a major problem with the bears taking over my deer feeders but I can live with that..

/ Bear Photo #5  
That pix is so cool. That is exactly what I wish I could encounter soon here in western NC. There aren't many bears near US-1 in Miami or the Florida keys where I just moved from.

/ Bear Photo #6  
After you awake to the Cudly Bruins claws slicing through the side of your tent you may have a different opinion!:eek:

/ Bear Photo #7  
Iowachild said:
Here is a photo of a bear my wife and I bumped inot while out hiking today. (7/9/06):)

You can outrun your wife, right?

/ Bear Photo #8  
gordon21 said:
That pix is so cool. That is exactly what I wish I could encounter soon here in western NC. There aren't many bears near US-1 in Miami or the Florida keys where I just moved from.

Hey Gordon21,
Head over towards Waynesville/Cherokee. I once had an encounter with a black bear over in Canton behind the Champion paper mill. Me and some buddies were out squirrel hunting and came across a big black bear. We literally walked up on each other - the bear was walking down the hollow, we were walking up, heads down and looked up, there s/he was. We all stood there looking at each other - the bear at us, us at the bear. No one, including the bear moved for what felt like 5 minutes. The bear, I think was sizing us up as he gazed at each of us. It finally turned and walked away. Guess he thought better of it with our shotguns and all - just glad it didn't know we had 18/20 shot in our guns. That's enough encounters for me.

Eddie

/ Bear Photo #9  
One bear will not scare me. Getting out of a car at 11PM or later in central or north Dade county (Miami) at a gas station and suddenly "looking up" and seeing 3-8 guys that look like they came off from the the latest rap or skinhead video can make you pause. If nothing else, they could beat me to death with the metal hanging around or attached to their bodies.

I figure with a bear, it is even odds. One on one.

I work in sales. Have you ever seen a mad angry salesman?? It is not a pretty sight.

/ Bear Photo
I have lived here is PA for almost 37 years now. I spend a pretty fair amount of time in the woods hunting, hiking, etc. This is only the forth bear I have seen. Funny thing is my wife and I saw number 3 almost one year ago to the day. Although we saw that one along the road from the safety of the truck. This bear was eating bluberries along a high voltage powerline right-a-way and really was not too concerned with us. He did slowly amble off after a couple mintues and my wife was ready to head back to the truck. I was not armed. The blueberry patch is large and full of nice size berries and I plan to be armed when we return later this week with containers to gather some of the berries.

There are many people around this area who agree that bears can be a real pain in the butt to have around the house. My son had one kick in his back door to get at the dog food stored in his enclosed back porch. The game commission set up a trap. but the bear never came back. He was estimated at 400 lbs.

They are fun to see, but really deserve respect.