Bear Photo

/ Bear Photo #11  
gordon21 said:
One bear will not scare me. Getting out of a car at 11PM or later in central or north Dade county (Miami) at a gas station and suddenly "looking up" and seeing 3-8 guys that look like they came off from the the latest rap or skinhead video can make you pause. If nothing else, they could beat me to death with the metal hanging around or attached to their bodies.

I figure with a bear, it is even odds. One on one.

I work in sales. Have you ever seen a mad angry salesman?? It is not a pretty sight.

Good points - agree - thanks for the LOL!

/ Bear Photo #12  
TEXARKANA CHILD ATTACKED BY BEAR IN POLK COUNTY 7/12/06
A Texarkana child is recovering from what his mom says was a bear attack and officials are now searching for the animal.

The attack happened Tuesday at Shady Lake Park in Polk County just south of Mena. The child’s mother Mystee Bennett says she was taking a nap with her children in the family tent when she woke up and found a bear grabbing hold of her one year old son, Aidan and dragging him off the bed. Bennett said fortunately her son's injuries are not life threatening but he does have some visible scratches and is undergoing testing to find out if there are any further injuries.

Keith Stephens with Arkansas Game and Fish Commission says that there is not a high risk for this occurring again and it is believed that the bear was scrounging for food when the incident occurred.

Stephens also said that it is very unusual for a bear to attack a person; however it is always a good idea to take precautions. Stephens also said that people may have fed the bear before, and that's how it could have lost its fear of people.

Game officers and biologists are at the camping area and are setting a trap for the bear. Their spokesman said if the bear involved in the attack is captured, it will be euthanized.

/ Bear Photo #13  
PHP:

Yup - even odds - Now back to reality!:)

/ Bear Photo #14  
scesnick said:
I have these things all around my property. Like Goalie Dad said, It was cool at first. Then when My trash cans started getting crushed, my mirrors broken off my trucks while they climb on the hood and to top it off one particular bear started chasing and trying to tackle my horse !!!
Needless to say, I wasn't going to stand around and watch my horse get killed by a bear.
I finally got 2 large dogs that live outside and that ended my bear problem, atleast around the house anyway. I still have a major problem with the bears taking over my deer feeders but I can live with that..

Agreed - I think if the cuddly bear started bothering my horses he'd be put down quickly. We're starting to get these bears back in our area in fairly significant numbers. I haven't seen them yet, but like turkeys and coyotes, I know they're there.

/ Bear Photo #15  
Anywhere near the Chapman Dam?

Beautifull area out there, used to have to go to Oil City or Titusville for work and always made the time to go out there.

Forgot to ask, do you get Straub out your way? When I used to drink, used to be a favorite while in St. Marys.

Last edited:
   / Bear Photo
Sigarms said:
Anywhere near the Chapman Dam?

Beautifull area out there, used to have to go to Oil City or Titusville for work and always made the time to go out there.

Forgot to ask, do you get Straub out your way? When I used to drink, used to be a favorite while in St. Marys.
Probably 15 to 20 miles as the crow flies from Chapman Dam. My son that had the bear kick in his back door lives just east of Clarendon which is quite near Chapman. BTW we are going kayaking at Chapman dam today!:D

Straub beer is still made in St Marys and I assume one can buy it locally. I gave up drinking when I had Lyme's disease 20 years ago.

/ Bear Photo
Here I am with my grand-daughter at Chapman Dam!:D

Attachments

• DSCN1140 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSCN1140 (600 x 450).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 212
   / Bear Photo #18  
gordon21 said:

Bear Advisory
The Forest Service has issued a BEAR WARNING in the national forests for this summer. They're urging everyone to protect themselves by wearing bells and carrying pepper spray.

Campers should be alert for signs of fresh bear activity, and they should be able to tell the difference between Black Bear dung and Grizzy Bear dung.

Black Bear dung is rather small and round. Sometimes you can see fruit seeds and/or squirrel fur in it.

Grizzly Bear dung has bells in it, and smells like pepper spray!

/ Bear Photo #19  
L3650 said:
Bear Advisory
The Forest Service has issued a BEAR WARNING in the national forests for this summer. They're urging everyone to protect themselves by wearing bells and carrying pepper spray.

Campers should be alert for signs of fresh bear activity, and they should be able to tell the difference between Black Bear dung and Grizzy Bear dung.

Black Bear dung is rather small and round. Sometimes you can see fruit seeds and/or squirrel fur in it.

Grizzly Bear dung has bells in it, and smells like pepper spray!

I just watched the Grizzly Man and yes that fit right in. :eek:

/ Bear Photo #20  
That would scare the heck out of me to see a bear. I would still be running.