Bear trouble

/ Bear trouble #1  

Buppies

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 EX mark 60 in 29 hp Toro 60inch Z Master 21 inch walk behind Polaris 900 hunter edition 30in toro walk behind
It seems a lot of neighbors are having trouble with bears getting into garbage or bird feeders searching for food. The mast this year was very poor due to so much rain in spring and summer. Anyone else having these problems?

/ Bear trouble #2  
we had a lot of activity this spring/summer around June, July but now hibernating.

/ Bear trouble
Ron ours have not gone into winter slumber yet. At our house every night looks like Mutual of Omahas wild kingdom just waiting on cheeta to come by

/ Bear trouble #5  
Buppies,
Where is SW Va are you located or what are you near. We go to a camper and hang out at times near Floyd Va. have seen evidence of them but not see any recently.

/ Bear trouble #6  
Go get a bear license, buy a big new freezer, and load your gun.... you won't see another bear for years.... [ :) ]

/ Bear trouble #7  
We have bear issue all the time. This is what we found works the best to get rid of them ( Legally..lol)
Put some ammonia ina balloon. Smear the balloon with peanut butter, Anise oil or something bears love. Hang it off the bird feeder, or near it, high enough where the bear has to stand up to get it. The balloon will bust and one facefull of ammonia and he will be gone for good.

/ Bear trouble #8  
I had a bear tear up a tree stand seat in oct and my cousin had his hard tonneau cover on his truck ripped off and a cooler ripped apart. I think I got a picture of the bear who tore up my seat on a game camera who he tied to destroy thank goodness I got the bear box for it. The bear I'm guess from the pictures is about 100 pounds.

/ Bear trouble
Buppies,
Where is SW Va are you located or what are you near. We go to a camper and hang out at times near Floyd Va. have seen evidence of them but not see any recently.

South of Roanoke but north east of Floyd about thirty minutes from Floyd less as crow flies

/ Bear trouble #10  
a bear destroyed some of my beehives here in Indian Valley, VA a few years back. then there was a short news article in the paper (Floyd Press) about a bear being shot around here. haven't had any trouble since. also put up an electric fence.