Beavers in Pond...

/ Beavers in Pond... #31  
Bury 'em or use for buzzard bait. We're not going to wipe out the specie. :coffee:

/ Beavers in Pond... #32  
After I put the siphon system over the beaver dam, they still added more sticks. This is a week later:

PC031357.JPG
PC031358.JPG

And gnawed this tree:

PC031351.JPG
PC031353.JPG

/ Beavers in Pond... #33  
I just watched a documentary about beavers...it was the best dam TV show I've seen in a while...!

/ Beavers in Pond... #34  
Carpe Castor :sneaky:

/ Beavers in Pond... #35  
Carpe Castor :sneaky:
castor.JPG

The beavers completely covered the tubes before they gave up and moved on.

I put a chain on the tree and broke it off:

PC271418.JPG
PC271425.JPG

Removed the tubes and beaver dam:

P1091509.JPG
P1091511.JPG

/ Beavers in Pond... #36  
I just paid to have him moved 3 weeks ago... and was guaranteed that he didn't come back. There are so many swimming around here that just like woodchucks, if there's an empty home it's going to get filled. Actually the person who told me the beaver had come back was mistaken. I was there today and the house is empty.
The trapper probably ate the Beaver and kept your money lol.

/ Beavers in Pond... #37  
Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

/ Beavers in Pond... #39  
I have two beavers in my pond that have made a nest under a wooden deck over the edge of the pond with some small branches they seem to have found in and around the pond. So far they have not cause any issues that really bother me BUT I have the following concerns questions:

1. I have red maples that line my driveway about 30 feet from the pond. Those trees are rather mature - about 12-18 inch wide trunks. I would not want the beavers to damage them...?
2. I would not want them to plug up the spring flow coming into the pond.

As I mentioned, they have not cause any of these issues or other issues (yet)...should I be concerned? Should I leave them be or get rid of them?

Appreciate any advise...

Shoot and trap them as nuisance critters. I've lost hundreds of trees to beavers over the last few years. Beavers will chew down trees that they don't even eat the bark off of. Kill them all.

Check in with your local DNR wildlife manager. Generally you can shoot b beavers on your property anytime but there are regulations on trapping.

/ Beavers in Pond... #40  
They got in my parents 2ac lake about 20 years ago and cut down all the nice trees planted around it. They were damming up the inlet creek with them, so Dad got this guy come out and shoot them.
I don't like killing any animal but there are nuisance ones that must be disposed of.
I always remember my Grandad riding around on his Farmall shooting everything in site...I was a little kid and he would say "hey! Pull that branch back!"
I would...BOOM!