Beef Ribs

/ Beef Ribs
Beef ribs have always been a challenge for me, they always end up too tough and much less satisfying than the should be. Too little time, I'm sure.

Yeah you need to go low and slow and get the right cut of ribs. Costco sells the bone-in short ribs which are a great option (smaller than what I cooked but still very good, I cook them often).

/ Beef Ribs #12  
Yeah you need to go low and slow and get the right cut of ribs. Costco sells the bone-in short ribs which are a great option (smaller than what I cooked but still very good, I cook them often).

BBQ by Net next? Those ribs look great.

/ Beef Ribs #13  
Beef ribs have always been a challenge for me, they always end up too tough and much less satisfying than the should be. Too little time, I'm sure.

As Muhammad stated, low and slow, I do mine at 225*. You need to give the fat a chance to render out, it makes them much more tender. I do mine on my Grilla Silverbac (pellet smoker/grill). They're tasty every time.

Another thing you can do, but you *might* lose a little rub in the process- wrap in foil with apple cider/juice, or whatever you like to braise with. Make sure to wrap tightly so no steam can escape, it does help with tenderness. Look up "texas crutch" if you want to read more about it.

amazingribs.com has great tips and tricks for making fantastic BBQ.

/ Beef Ribs #14  
Cuts of meat such as beef ribs and Chuck roast respond well to low and slow moist braising because of the fat content and the connective tissue. The process causes them to dissolve and combine giving that indescribably good mouth feel. You can't get that with cuts like round which are tough but very lean.
I now have to go and wipe the drool off of my chin after looking at Muhammad's beef ribs.:licking: