Beet Juice Shower!

/ Beet Juice Shower! #1  

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
Today i learned another lesson. I was checking the air in my loaded tires, I had the valve stems at the top, I checked the first side and everything went according to plan. I then went to the other side and started unscrewing the valve stem cap and I was not paying attention and the valve stem valve was turning out instead of the cap. You can probably guess what happened next, beet juice started shooting out and I dropped the valve on the ground (luckily I was outdoors) I am trying to stop the gusher with my finger and find the valve and get it screwed back in while getting a sticky shower. It felt like a real Three Stooges Moment. Boy is that stuff sticky! I probably lost about 5 gallons. :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

/ Beet Juice Shower! #2  
If the stem was at the top, you shouldn't have lost much -- if you did, then there was too much in there, and maybe it's good you drained it some!

/ Beet Juice Shower! #3  
That sucks but it sure is funny.

/ Beet Juice Shower! #4  
That sounds like something that I could do.

/ Beet Juice Shower! #6  
This is interesting that you posted this happening. I just had two rear tires filled with Rim Guard yesterday. The guy doing it was a really nice guy, and we were talking a little bit here and there while he was filling them. He got to the second one, and once it was full, he went through the process of screwing in his filler valve to close it and he also shut off the pump at the large tank. As he was unscrewing his filler from my valve stem, he somehow unscrewed the inner stem at the same time. There was approximately 20 PSI in the air space at the top of the tire. Believe me, when that stem came out, 20 PSI was more than enough to make the beet juice shoot a good 15-18'! He was wearing it from about the waste down pretty heavily. He had a hose there, so he hosed my rims back down, and then himself. I felt sorry for him since it was a warm day for a change, and I know how fast that stuff dries to a glue like texture. He was a good sport about it though, even though he wasn't happy about how he was going to smell the rest of the day. Funny thing was, he had just told me about how that can happen once in a while and what a mess it makes. Then, less than a minute later, it happened to him (or maybe I should say- all over him).

/ Beet Juice Shower! #7  
What is with Michigan and the beet juice? that stuff makes an awful mess.

/ Beet Juice Shower! #8  
Rim Guard is made right here from one of our bigger crops- sugar beets. It only seems fair that we get the most stories to tell about it.:laughing:

/ Beet Juice Shower! #9  
I know Rimguard is great stuff, and most sugar comes from sugar beets.. but I just have to say the sugar beet is a rather ugly vegetable.:laughing:

/ Beet Juice Shower! #10  
Reminds me of the story of the little Dutch boy who stuck his finger in a dike.