Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125?

/ Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125? #11  
I don't understand the question JIMeRig.

haha... I suffer from lack of details sometimes!

I bought a Lotos LTP5000D dual voltage plasma cutter. I wanted the Holbart, but the wife crushed that. All things being said, the Lotos has done well over the last few days.

I love my plasma cutter! It scares people who don't like sparks!

/ Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125? #12  
I have driven mine around our woods quite a bit with the mower off. The only thing that has really concerned me was how dented up the Hydraulic oil filter was (right side pointed to by green arrow). It got pretty banged up before the replacement at 50 hours. The fan is protected by the plate with the orange arrow. Is there a particular component you are trying to protect?
IMG_20170515_185516910.jpg

/ Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125? #13  
I have driven mine around our woods quite a bit with the mower off. The only thing that has really concerned me was how dented up the Hydraulic oil filter was (right side pointed to by green arrow). It got pretty banged up before the replacement at 50 hours. The fan is protected by the plate with the orange arrow. Is there a particular component you are trying to protect?
View attachment 535047

wow that looks way more protected then the J and XJ tractors... maybe we should be the ones thinking about skid plates!

/ Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125? #14  
View attachment 535047
I was pulling dirt with my box blade on my Kioti CK20S. I pulled a large rock. I did not see the rock, and back over the pile of dirt. The rock broke the transmission filter housing off the side of the tractor. Luckily, It was a bolt on housing! It cost me $90 bulks in parts. It could have been much worse, and it made a big impression on me.

/ Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125? #15  
I was pulling dirt with my box blade on my Kioti CK20S. I pulled a large rock. I did not see the rock, and back over the pile of dirt. The rock broke the transmission filter housing off the side of the tractor. Luckily, It was a bolt on housing! It cost me $90 bulks in parts. It could have been much worse, and it made a big impression on me.

The HST filter on the left side by the tire?

/ Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125? #16  
The HST filter on the left side by the tire?

As I remember it was the Hydraulic filter on the right side as setting on the tractor by the wheel. I could be wrong on the side. That was 4 tractors ago, and I suffer from CRN (Can't Remember Nothing).

/ Belly Pan/Skid Plate for LS MT125?
Well I might say we work our tractors to the limit and the designers that thought of our machines didn't think we would do what we do with them. Thus we find these vulnerabilities under our machines that we see and now work to protect. The cooling fan is one issue but damage to those oil filters down there truly should make you worry. Now on the MT models the one filter by the left rear wheels does have a small shield to protect it but that other filter is just a tin can sitting there out in the open. We have two choices, think about where we go and what we drive or back over or build a plate under our machines to truly protect these vulnerable components from accidental damage. I watched a video of a guy running his SCUT back dragging some small rocks with his bucket. He didn't realize he had a basket ball size rock back there and when he pulled forward he almost drove that rock into his steering tie rod. I cringed as he just stopped short not realizing what almost happened. I'm sure he cringed when he watched his own video. So this is a good discussion if for no other reason but to bring these vulnerabilities to the fore front that we all should think about when operating our tractors.

I'm truly considering just a simple flat piece of plate that woulde mount to the existing mounts that the small fan shield on the MT tractors mounts on now. It would be longer with a cut out for the front axle drive shaft and with a little longer tail to protect that filter. Being I don't have a MMM I have more flexability then you gentlemen that have that mower deck to work around. But just something bigger there that would keep that stray branch or limb from ramming up there and doing damage to the fan or the filter.