Belmont tilt deck trailers

/ Belmont tilt deck trailers #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Anyone here have anything good or bad to say about Belmonts' tilt deck trailers. I'm going to an auction this weekend and there is one about 6 years old on the block. Says 17' but no gross weight given or model number, the auction listing just says 17' Belmont tilt trailer.

Couldn't find a price online to get something to compare to. I know the price of other makes just wondering how the Belmont stacks up to Bri-Mar or some of the other makes.

http://www.belmontmachine.com/utility-trailers/skid-steer-tilt-deck-trailer.php

This is the model, but not the actual trailer up for auction.
Skid-Steer-Tilt-Combined-2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Belmont tilt deck trailers #2  
I have that exact model in black. I really like it and the construction is excellent. Belmont is a good outfit also. I was doing a bit of paint touch up and messed up one of the stickers. I emailed them about replacements and two days later had the entire set in my mail box free of charge. It's better built than the cam and brimar trailers I looked at while shopping. I bought mine lightly used for around $3200. The tail contruction is alot stronger than the Brimar's I looked at.

Matt

/ Belmont tilt deck trailers
Thanks Matt for your input. I hope to come home with it but now have a better idea of what its worth. Is yours a wood or steel deck. This one is wood.

/ Belmont tilt deck trailers #4  
Good luck. Never have luck at auctions around here. People get stupid and pay the nearly new price.

I would never pay more than 60% of new. Used trailers just about always need tires, bearings, brakes, lights, ect.

Chris

Good luck. Never have luck at auctions around here. People get stupid and pay the nearly new price.

I would never pay more than 60% of new. Used trailers just about always need tires, bearings, brakes, lights, ect.

Chris

Agree Chris. I know a new CAM in a equivalent model would be about $7K here. I plan to stop at $2500 IF on inspection it warrants even that much. If a couple deck boards need replacement that is not a big deal as long as the frame is sound. Brakes and lights are hard to judge since you can't very well drag it around pre-auction. Buyer beware as always. Their web site says it has Dexter E-Z-Lube axles (6 lug), but doesn't give a rating. The trailer overall is 9990# and the trailer weight is given as ~2970#, leaving roughly a 7000 payload. That's more than enough for what I need to move.

Well the trailer was in decent shape. Had at least one deck board that was broken through, either from overloading or was rotten.

Those Belmont trailers are well built. 6" channel frame for the tilt bed and the trailer, and looked like 4" channel for the cross members, but might have been 3". Had a winch mounted up front but it was nothing to write home about so for me that didn't boost the value any. This one needed a little electrical work, the license plate light was smashed. Could use some touch-up paint and rust removal in a couple spots. Both tires on the rear axle had less tread remaining than the fronts. Is this an indicator that the owner did not level the trailer when loading?

The trailer went for $3750, did not think it would bring that much. I had said I would stop at about $2500 but that was based purely on the one photo on the auction site. I dropped out at $3K, I'm trying to stay below $3K for a used trailer. Can't justify buying new for the few times I will need to use it.

So still looking. Guess I'll have to be willing to pay a little more than I'd like for a decent used trailer.

/ Belmont tilt deck trailers #7  
I have to say Belmont's wiring is alot better than most. I was pretty impressed when I bought mine. I'm a fan of PJ trailers and had a few with good luck. The tilt beds are $$$ no matter which brand. I looked hard at PJ,Brimar,Cam,Towmaster/Contrail,Anderson,Superior. I was really hot on a Cam GN hydralic tilt I found locally but the seller went flakey on me and in hindsight I'm glad I didn't get it. Keep you eye's peeled and have cash handy. I drove all the way to Pa for mine. I made out though as a vendor of mine was 5 min from the trailer so I made it a biz trip and expensed out the return travel and tolls.;)

Matt