Bending my box blade hitch, please help!

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #1  

chris the wrench

Tractor
Kubota L3902 & BCS 853
Kubota L3902, land pride box blade(1572).

I'm bending the hitch assembly on the box blade where the lift arms attach. Both sides are bowing to the outsides. Hopefully these photos communicate what's going on.

What am I doing wrong??? Quickhitches not adjusted to the correct angle, so they want to slide out?

For repair I'm thinking I'll bend them back to the correct shape with a press, and then weld some 1/4" flat stock across part of the top to 'box' in where I can, but that doesn't help with what did I do wrong??

IMG_7826.jpeg

IMG_7828.jpeg

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #2  
It appears you need to properly set your sway bar adjusters. Are they screw type? It's hard to tell from the pics, but you should be able to adjust them so there is no outward pull on the swaybars.

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #3  
My guess is that you're turning with it under load. But, the thing can't possibly be designed such that turning would be unexpected.

Is there a HP rating on the blade?

I'd probably complain mightily to Kubota. Then take say a 3x3x(1/2)" angle iron and weld it to the outside of those bars.

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help!
It appears you need to properly set your sway bar adjusters. Are they screw type? It's hard to tell from the pics, but you should be able to adjust them so there is no outward pull on the swaybars.
They are the threaded type. I always thought they were designed to be pulled against(tension), not pushed against(compressed). Im not saying you're wrong, Im just having a hard time understanding how that would help?

Is there a HP rating on the blade?
17-40, and Im at 39.

Adjust the sway links so that the Pat's QH ends are centered on the pins.

This will then allow for some side-side movement.
Alrighty, I like when there is some consensus. I'll give this a try. So I will be lengthening them to 'push' them more to the center of the tractor and the pins.

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #6  
If you don't want to weld, maybe after bending the bars back some 7/8 shaft collars and or washers on the outside of pins so the bars can't deflect easily? That way instead of welding the space would be defined and stress would be on both the inner and outer bars.

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #7  
Hard to see with the photos (one is too close and the other too far away). Are they bent to the outside? Did you push or drive backwards?

It's design to be pulled forward only....

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #8  
If you don't want to weld, maybe after bending the bars back some 7/8 shaft collars and or washers on the outside of pins so the bars can't deflect easily? That way instead of welding the space would be defined and stress would be on both the inner and outer bars.
I thought about using the lynch pins tight up against the bars (or with washers to hold them in place). I thought that it could get stuck. But, perhaps neither bar would exceed normal elasticity, and one would be OK. Anyway, it is worth trying.

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #9  
Agree^^^ Get pins that are short enough and washers so the outside plate gets some support from the inner one too.

/ Bending my box blade hitch, please help! #10  
I'm guessing you bent those pushing material backward. The ones on my Hardee are bent like that and it had nothing to do with the sway bars. I adjust my sway bars so there's just a bit of side to side so I don't bind things up. One thing you could do after you get things straight is get some bushing cut so that it keeps the arms centered. I never really pay either of mine much attention.