Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options?

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #31  
Is it the same problem that this guy had? His seemed to fix w/out cutting or welding

Yep same problem, twisted the cross tube. Shows that the hydraulics will untwist it.

I would not reinforce the tube, that would cause the next weakest thing to bend and it would be harder to straighten.

In the comments he said he didn't reinforce the tube and it is still straight.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #32  
   / Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options?
Thank you all for your advice. I agree that the crosstube is likely bent. I will try something like has been recommended and block it off or chain it up and see if I can use the hydraulics to bend it back. Could try pushing on a tree but we mostly have eucalyptus here and they fall over if you look at them funny this time of year. Will update with results.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options?
Update - it's good again, at least, good enough. The geometry and available holes made chaining or blocking difficult but while looking around for chain/blocks I noticed my fairly sturdy 40ft cargo container that is probably better to push on than a eucalyptus tree. I threw it into 4wd/low and pushed against a corner at a 45 degree angle. It's not 100% perfect but neither are my implements, frankly. Thanks again everyone with suggestions!

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #35  
My dad's was bent like that. What we did was angle the ssqa forward and set it down on a concrete slab (tractor sitting on large flat slab). Applied arm downforce and supported front of tractor lifting wheels off ground. You could tell one of the plates was not flat on the concrete and the other one was. Then proceeded to heat up the crossbar (just a narrowband in the middle, all the way around bar) until it was red hot with oxy acetylene rig. At some point it softened up enough to rotate and then both sides were flat on the concrete. Was perfect after everything cooled down

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #36  
My dad's was bent like that. What we did was angle the ssqa forward and set it down on a concrete slab (tractor sitting on large flat slab). Applied arm downforce and supported front of tractor lifting wheels off ground. You could tell one of the plates was not flat on the concrete and the other one was. Then proceeded to heat up the crossbar (just a narrowband in the middle, all the way around bar) until it was red hot with oxy acetylene rig. At some point it softened up enough to rotate and then both sides were flat on the concrete. Was perfect after everything cooled down
That is a great idea. I also agree with those suggesting a reinforcement of some sort which could be welded on to the crossbar right after the alignment you describe. That can be done without going overboard.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #38  
Just for info here is the configuration on my MF 2660 DL250 loader. The cross bar is about 1 1/4" square tubing probably 3/16" steel and bolt into a bracket on each end at an SSQA pad. I bent it badly one time not realizing I had picked up a 1000lb pinch bucket by only one pad. Replaced the bar.

P1160526.JPG

And it looks like this installed. Being bolted in it is easier to deal with any bent cross bar circumstances.

20190502_111813.jpg

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #39  
The ATI SSQA is very similar in design buw. I have 2 of them, one on each tactor and while ATI stiff isn't a cheap date, it's a good date.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #40  
I got a couple of kubota quick atttach to make adapters out of. 1 was new and unbent, the other was bent. I cut the tube and welded it. Its pretty straight now.