Best Chainsaw Sharpner?

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
While I have always sharpened my saws manually with files, is there a better way for my occasional-use saw?

Thanks

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #2  
I'd stick with the file for occasional use saw chains.
That works for me even though I have an expensive Oregon sharpener set up....it was given to me

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #3  
I have an electric one, kind of like a dremell. Mine runs off a 12 volt battery with little jumper cables. I only use it when the chain is really bad, I normally hand file.

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #4  
I use a Sthil 2-in-1 sharpener. It's a 'manual' filing thingy that's very easy to use and gets the angle correct.

There are videos on its use via Google/YouTube.

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #5  
I've had good luck with the Husqvarna Roller sharpener

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #6  
This one looks interesting

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #7  
I have a Timber Tuff electric for the really abused chains but a couple years ago I bought a Pferd

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #8  
I have Timberline, not really satisfied with it, works ok with teeth facing away but not so good when teeth are facing towards the carbide, when they are the cabide like to push the tooth because the link holder on other side is not high enough to on the link rivets then the riets ride on top of the link holder cause the carbide to jam or not go in the tooth cutter.

RbXSyPOh.jpg

oIV9dkDh.jpg

I prefer the Grandberg sharpener, once on the bar it does a really good job fast.

ioc2RRnh.jpg

uEld5rsh.jpg

/ Best Chainsaw Sharpner? #10  
I have several different ones, but the only one I use is my Oregon grinder, I've had it for MANY years.

I REALLY like it, in fact I sharpened a chain with it today, it always does a GREAT job.

SR