Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved?

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #51  
I have a Bond Arms 45/.410 loaded within easy reach.The .410 is only good for about 12ft.The 45 Colt will reach out a bit farther!

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #52  
12 ga hard to beat. Put a light on it. Always have a sling. I have M4 extended tube and a Mesa 6 shell holder mounted on it. Handgun extended is almost the same length as a shouldered long gun. Long gun easier to hit things with.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #53  
Who needs a bumpstock when you have Parkinsons? Maybe they will outlaw that too. Something positive.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #54  
Autopsy reveals he was struck 35 times. :oops:
I'm just saying, wether you shoot someone multiple times or hit them with a baseball bat multiple times, there's gonna be questions to answer to the police and when their family sues you. Hard to control the emotions when you're beating someone to death with a baseball bat. Yikes. Hope no one ever has to use any weapon to defend themselves or loved ones.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #55  
There are many articles and data that show the all time best performer for stopping effectiveness is the .357 magnum. The best article I read years ago analyzed several Law enforcement records and the various calibers they all used and the .357 Magnum recorded the most perpetrators stopped with one shot over .38 special, 9mm, .40, .45 and even some other calibers.

I've always liked my .357 S&W revolvers and that was my first handgun, but I like my other firearms in .38Spl, .380, .40S&W and .45 too. :)

Attachments

• 20200327_160700_resized (1).jpg
    20200327_160700_resized (1).jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 20200327_160617_resized (1).jpg
    20200327_160617_resized (1).jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 185
Two of my very favorite guns. Lew Horton specials from the S&W performance Center... 357 and 44... The 44 doubles as a club when empty.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #56  
I was taught to engage until there is no longer a threat. If you're scared, you'll feel threatened long past, and who wouldn't be pretty rattled with that going on on your home. Maybe 35 was reasonable. Some folks are tough.
I'd suggest the largest caliber/guage you can reliability be accurate with and won't put holes in your neighbors with a miss.
Autopsy reveals he was struck 35 times. :oops:

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #57  
Hey anyone found a tach shotgun light with strobe and a pressure switch that fits on the magazine tube? I found one on Jeff Bozos site, but it doesnt have the little pressure switch....

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved?
The Benelli M-4, How is the pricing & can you suggest a good place to purchase with competitive deals?

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #59  
The Benelli M-4, How is the pricing & can you suggest a good place to purchase with competitive deals?
I have had my M4 for about 10 years. Wifey bought it for me as a birthday gift and I think it was right at 2K. They are the Ultimate 12 gauge gun without a doubt. I don't think you will find one as any sort of deal, they have a reputation to protect.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #60