Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved?

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #251  
YOUR chances, not, any random person's chances. I am assuming A: that you have a tractor and B: that you are not a gang member in Chicago, Detroit, or LA
A: I have a tractor.
B: I live in South Bend, IN.

While we're amateurs compared to Gary, IN, we are still almost twice the national average.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #252  
Really bad advice. Take some good training....I did.

Your shotgun should be loaded and all you need is to flick the safety off. Racking tells the intruder where your are and that is not a good thing to do. It might make a sober thief run away, but maybe not someone high on drugs or someone who wants to kill you. Plus you have one less shot when starting with an empty chamber.

Most LEO’s have minimal defensive training and are best ignored on this subject. Your example proves it. Their lives depend on their weapons and yet the ones you shot with had a lot of jams. They are either stupid or lazy...maybe both.

If I have a 12 GA I do not care if they know EXACTLY where I'm at. Soups on boys come n get it. My dog don't bark. Pawed me awake. Someone messing with the front door. Saw the shadow, watched the knob. Jacked the action, they left. I didn't have to call anybody. Didn't do no paperwork. Didn't have to dig a late night grave.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #253  
If theyre in your house and you are home, its about a 90% chance they arent there to steal, they are there for YOU.
Thieves are mostly active when you are not home as most dont want to get hurt or killed for a bottle of Vicodin or your wifes jewelry.
The classic cycling of the gun is mostly a Hollywood construct.

So, in the military, instructor told us to close our eyes. He stepped behind us and racked the action. He asked who knows what that sound was? All hands raised. He was where I heard the term UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. if someone comes in my house, they won't remember leaving.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #254  
I unders5and that if the door kicks in and I suddenly awake, I'm not wasting time jacking around. But, if I can change a line of thought, I'd rather do that. Give a bad guy a chance to change his mind. May change his life. If the do9r is broke in, it's blaze of glory time.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #255  
The best gun is the one that you own that is readily available and you are comfortable shooting.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #256  
I unders5and that if the door kicks in and I suddenly awake, I'm not wasting time jacking around. But, if I can change a line of thought, I'd rather do that. Give a bad guy a chance to change his mind. May change his life. If the do9r is broke in, it's blaze of glory time.
If he's in my house, I don't care if he would change his life. The most likely scenario is that if I scare him away he preys upon a neighbor. I could live more easily with the blood of an intruder than knowing he got away and raped or killed someone else. It matters a bit where you live.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #257  
IMO the best firearm for home protection is a 12 ga. semi-automatic shotgun loaded with #00 buckshot. Any home intruder(s) targeted by that firearm will instantly cease to exist! BOOM

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #258  
Well I live in a non-gun friendly state... That has a huge history in guns & weapons... (it Connecticut)...

Here is where I stand...

You value your stuff more than....jpg

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #259  
Speak the universal language, Jack the action of a pump. I've séen bird load kill a grown deer. Revolver in addition. I've seen autos hang up a lot. I'm speaking from qualifying twice a year with law enforcement. I had the only wheel gun. Half the other people had jams. I got rid of all mine.
I've fired hundreds of rounds through my MarkII and never had a jam. Granted it's only a .22, yet the best defensive firearm is one which you are familiar with and can handle like an extension of your good right hand. (Or left, in my case.) I've shot more grouse with this gun than with every other firearm I've ever owned.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #260  
PS; I've got a pot on in the kitchen, preparing a pork shoulder to smoke for Easter dinner. If the smoke detector in the room goes off one more time, that Mark II is going to find another victim. :mad::eek::cry::ROFLMAO: