Best fuel additives

/ Best fuel additives
Again, spelled it incorrectly. Nano-Borate. Actually, it's an industrial additive for keeping the internals of engines and assemblies free of sludge and combustion by-products and it's not cheap either. Wish it was free.
Where Can you find nano borate at

/ Best fuel additives #23  
I’ve heard that off road diesel has more sulfur in it but I don’t know enough to know if it’s true
It is possible. I have seen some people show that the offroad diesel they get is low sulfur which is 500ppm where as the road diesel was 15ppm. However 500ppm is still a lot less lubrication than diesel used to be so using additives is still a smart thing to do.

/ Best fuel additives #25  
Where Can you find nano borate at
Archoil has the patent on the formulation. I get it from them in 16 ounce bottles. Not cheap. I'll usually wait until they have a sale and buy multiple bottles then. I use it in all my engines, gas and diesel. Stuff keeps the internals very clean.

/ Best fuel additives #26  
How can you tell that the internals are very clean.....maybe by looking at the diesel oil color??? Just wondeering.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Best fuel additives #27  
Use a borescope through the oil filler if on top the valve cover. I know it works because the last time I had the overhead set, the valve cover was off and t was squeaky clean under it. In fact the underside of the valve cover was also free of any deposits. Modern synthetic multi grade oils will leave a a bronze colored deposit on the internal parts (like the overhead). I don't have any of that coloring at all. Works for me.

/ Best fuel additives
Archoil has the patent on the formulation. I get it from them in 16 ounce bottles. Not cheap. I'll usually wait until they have a sale and buy multiple bottles then. I use it in all my engines, gas and diesel. Stuff keeps the internals very clean.
Seems like interesting stuff

/ Best fuel additives #29  
I've never used fuel additives other than a stabilizer for my stored gasoline.

The only things the diesel additives do for sure is make the user feel good and lighten their wallet.

I was a heavy equipment tech for a number of years. None of the two dealerships I worked for stocked or sold additives. They just told their customers to use clean dry diesel fuel. Also, time purchases of fuel such that you got the winter blends (suppliers add anti-gel for you!) in cold climates to prevent gelling. In Michigan, the winter blends come on line about late October.

Oh, and don't ask the poor clerk behind the register at the fuel station/convenience store if the winter blends are out, they won't have a clue. Just look up the area distributer on line and check or give them a call.

/ Best fuel additives #30  
Same way with the exception of a biocide in my stored in bulk tank fuel. Been down the algae highway before. Not pretty and not inexpensive to repair either.

For anyone who uses the snake oil additives that 'supposedly' contain a biocide, if there bottle has no MSDS precaution label attached (which is a requirement under Federal Law), it don't.