Best fuel additives

/ Best fuel additives
Borate is borate. Grind it up finer for "nano" particles. Stir well into your diesel and naptha mix.

FYI it's the same crap I've seen being sold in the drug store in the "alternative healthcare" isle in tiny little glass bottles for $20. At least at the grocery store you get a 5 lbs box for $5.00.

Magic foo foo dust

And before you get you knickers in a knot, look at the bag of shredded cheese in your refrigerator. One of the ingredients added is "silicon dioxide" used to keep the cheese shreds from sticking. It's common name is SAND.
Never knew that

/ Best fuel additives
no it dose as more Sulphur.

I had heard that it did have more sulfur

/ Best fuel additives
Seafoam worked so good on carburetors. Started using it in the Isuzu's 60 gallon tank. Took 4 cans to dose it. Also take from there to fuel the Kubota. Replenish when down 20 gallons. Will add another Seafoam at that point.
It’s great for cleaning carbs

/ Best fuel additives
i didn’t realize that… thanks for the article … so how can they test if you use red diesel on the road ? i thought it was with the sulfur … it’s only with the red dye???
They put a stick in your tank and it will show if it red or not

/ Best fuel additives
I have a 40 year old Yanmar tractor. I decided to use an additive because the diesel that was available when the tractor was made is no longer available. Apparently the sulfur that used to be present but no longer is has reduced the lubricity of the diesel fuel. I also wanted to use something that might clean the injectors because I have no idea how the tractor was treated before I bought it. The additive I chose was Power Service but I really don't know if it is any better than other brands. I do know that my tractor started faster after I added the stuff. This could have been coincidence because the tractor had been sitting for so long before I bought it and just running it may have made it work better. But the stuff is cheap and doesn't hurt the tractor and I want the thing to run well for another 40 years. Like my over 80 year old Ford 9N.
Eric
I personally like stannadyne

/ Best fuel additives
I think that some of us who are low volume users with 5 gallon containers, and in areas that have extreme temps both over 100 deg F and even below zero temp have to be concerned with stored diesel that can gel in winter or have microbial growth from long term storage. Then there is also the advantage of Cetane Boost (as to spending money) and Lubricity that is suppose to be helpful. Each sistuation is somewhat unique to address.

Cheers,
Mike
Definitely