Best Gloves for Handling Firewood?

/ Best Gloves for Handling Firewood? #31  
Man-o-man now you tell me my favorite gloves are gone! :( I did see them on Ebay.

/ Best Gloves for Handling Firewood? #32  
I'm a beast of habit. White Ox double layer cotton gloves, with or without elastic band.
Aint the cheapest but "that's the way I like it". USA made. Bailey's sells them, and they also sell a no name double cotton also. I keep my leather gloves for driving or going to town if it is cold out.

They are great for handling firewood, cable, implements, chainsaws, logs, wire fence. Unless it is freezing to death out there, hands stay comfortably warm. When you get em wet, set them on your Peet dryer or by the wood stove.
Have been intending to try the White Ox gloves. I’d like to find some available in a store but nobody seems to carry them where I go.

Have had good service for everyday use from some cheap HF dipped gloves for about $2 a pair. Still on the first pair after about 6 months.

Got some Milwaukee cut level 3 dipped gloves that I like also.

/ Best Gloves for Handling Firewood?
Just a quick update. Three weeks ago, I started using a pair of Showa Atlas gloves that have the gripping surfaces of the fingers and palms dipped in nitrile. The rest of the glove is made of some kind of stretchy, breathable synthetic material. I've been putting in 6-8 hours a day cutting, bucking, splitting, and stacking firewood, and the Atlas gloves have come through unscathed. No cuts, splits, holes, or even any sign of wear on the nitrile surfaces. I wear a size 9 glove, and the mediums I purchased are a little tight. I'd try a large next time. My hands sweat badly in nitrile exam gloves, but in the Atlas gloves my hands get a little clammy, but not outright wet. After three weeks, they had a slight dirty sock smell, but a trip through the washer cleared that up and they look almost new. They're very thin, so there's not much protection from impact or pinching, but the tradeoff is very good dexterity. I can easily tie my shoes, pick up a dime, and work with tools wearing them, something I just couldn't do with leather gloves. Even better, at thirty-five bux for twelve pair, I might have a lifetime supply. :oops:

/ Best Gloves for Handling Firewood? #34  
Thanks for your update RedNeckGeek. I will definitely look into those Showa Atlas gloves. My poor old elkskin ropers are getting raggedy and showing their age. I just don't think I want to spend another $65 or so for a pair of "around the property" gloves.

/ Best Gloves for Handling Firewood? #35  
I had welding gloves couple of years ago, i bought them from a local welding store but they were worth using for firewoood works, i only have a picture of them may be you can google it find the model. Thanks

gloves.jpg

Last edited:
   / Best Gloves for Handling Firewood? #36  
I think some of the leather used in cheap gloves is chickenhide, not cowhide.

:)

Bruce

/ Best Gloves for Handling Firewood? #37  

Best video i have seen for reviewing firewood gloves.