Posthole Digger Best PTO Post Hole Digger?

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #11  
My
Speeco has served me well for 8+ YEARS. I finally had to replace the 9" augar cause i wore down the digging end by 1/2 its original dimension. who knew. i tried to add new teeth, the bolt holes were GONE.

I purchased a hydraulic assist pressure device for it. and received it last week. haven't installed it yet.

thats my project #4 up-coming.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #12  
I have a Bush Hog 2102 with the optional parking stand. I can back up to it, slide in three pins, hook up the PTO, lift it, and go. No wrestling. The augers have the "Bear Claw" replaceable teeth. These teeth don't walk as bad when starting the hole in sod. They also take less power to dig the hole than other diggers I have used.

Attachments

• bush_phd_stand.jpg
    bush_phd_stand.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 895
   / Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #13  
The gerabox is 3 times as big on these older models plus, the shear weight of the HD construction helps in digging the hole. I saw a 12 incher dig through a 3-5 inch aspault highway. No problem! The also hold their value batter than any digger. We have a used one now for $895. Probably more than it sold for new. I have seen the older units bring $1200 at auction. Ken Sweet

I thought that we were talking about new units. :confused3: A new Danuser F8 runs over $2k. I think that about any of the manufacturers that have units with a 4.1-1 gear ratio are fair sized units and cost about the same. A lot bigger than any of the under $1000 units that have either 3.1-1 or 3.18-1 gear ratios. Most everyone has hydraulic down pressure kits available for their PHD units also. I guess what I am wondering is what makes a Danuser PHD hands down better than all the rest? I'm not saying that they are not the best, I have never seen one in person, but for some of you to claim that they are by far the best, I was just wondering what makes them so good. From the website, it doesn't look like they are much better than any of the other top end units to me. I would just like for someone to point out that glaringly huge quality and performance difference to me, because I don't see it. :eek:

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #14  
Belltec made in Beleton Tx is # 1 with us. We us the 3pt down pressure unit which transfers rear tractor weight to bit. We drill in everything from chunk rock, slab limestone, to blue granite. The t post 叢uff drill is a true time saver. Have used it on 35 hp Kubota, which was replaced with a heaver 75 hp M series.
If rock, power weight bit, core drill, air rock unit is needed, otherwise hammer in the post, no cement necessary.
We are in Central Texas where a hammer will bend a 3 sch 40 pipe.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger?
The coop is zeroing on a Land Pride PD 15. What's the expert (meaning all of you) opinion on this make and model? To us it seems a good combination of quality, price and options. Thoughts?

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #16  
Tractor supply has them on sale right now. Just bought one last week.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #17  
Land Pride makes premium stuff. I have a Land Pride RCR1860 brush cutter and it is very fine piece of equipment.

Comparing the Land Pride PD15 to my Bush Hog 2102 PHD:

1)The staggered auger cutting teeth that comes with the PD15 with are the way to go. These are the same that came on my 2102.

2) If the parking stand is a consideration I think the Bush Hog set up is a bit better than the Land Pride.

3) If adding a hydraulic down pressure to the PHD is a consideration the Bush Hog 2102 has a much beefier set up built in to it for this.

And last, but not least, is the price. I paid $1250.00 for my 2102 three years ago. I don't know what you have priced the Land Pride PD15 at.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #18  
The coop is zeroing on a Land Pride PD 15. What's the expert (meaning all of you) opinion on this make and model? To us it seems a good combination of quality, price and options. Thoughts?

If the price is right for you guys and none of you are in need of a hole bigger than 12", then the PD15 should be a good unit for you. Let us know what you do.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #19  
As mentioned before, Danuser is basically the top of the line, specifically the model F8. It has a much more massive gear box than any others on the market, huge 2 9/16" output shaft, deeper gear ratio (4.125:1) an a stout main boom. The gear box is a design that has been basically unchanged since the first ones came out for 8n's in the late 40's.

I've used one on my Ford NAA and it's a great match. Danuser lists them for 40hp+ tractors, but they also work great on small tractors. The deep gear ratio really puts a lot of power to the ground. All this comes at a price however, to the tune of about $2700 for a new unit.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #20  
No push-back from me on the above-mentioned brands, but take a good look at what you are using it for. I got a used TSC (speeco) unit with a 12" auger for $200. I have had no issues other than shearing some bolts (my issue, not the PHD).

Some will say you will have headaches if you don't buy top of the line. I say you can buy a lot of ibuprohen (or attachments) with the $1000 you will save.