Posthole Digger Best PTO Post Hole Digger?

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #41  
GOOD used post hole diggers are hard to find items around here. I finally found mine at an auction last spring. I bought a Woods with two augers: a light 9" auger with replaceable cutters and a 12" heavy duty with replaceable cutters.

I paid $400 for it and was pretty happy with my deal. (It looked like new...and I was pleasantly surprised when the bidding stopped :D). After the auction....a feind of the (deceased) previous owner said he had only used it twice...and probably only a dozen holes. I did have a 12" extension tube made for the 12" bit in order to do some deep gate-holes....but mostly I will use the 36" long x 12" diameter auger for tree planting.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #42  
ok...now i have to defend my poor little Speeco post hole digger...shes all riled up.
hehe
i placed a metal thickness Guage on the metal and it reads at 0.166 inch..thats thicker then 1/8" (which would be 0.125). its actually 6 gage metal thickness. I also have double cutting edges and very strong teeth. i have attached some pics.

maybe its just the one you had looked at?? maybe my supply house sells a better version?? not sure. they do have different tooth styles available i know that. I can also use other brand augers if i wanted to.

I finally got the hydraulic assist unit installed, but im waiting for the tank dump valve to arrive from my Kioti dealer. So i wont be able to play with the thing for a few days yet.
Nice phd. I have a variety of auger bits for my Lienbach. The 6" is a Speeco. All of the flights are tapered from just over 1/8" at the outer edge to around 1/4" at the roots, the root thickness is bigger on the larger diameter augers. It's an artifact of how they are formed.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #43  
I made a mistake, 250. was for one I missed out on in CL. The guy said he had 10 calls and sold it to the first one to look at it.

This speeco, the guy wants 500. and when I offered him 250 he said he was insulted, and that he paid 1,300. w/o the 12" auger. I really have no immediate need for a PHD right now. may be doing some fencing in the future. I figure for around 200-300 I can't go wrong for used. otherwise I'll just rent one for the future project.

This speeco looks a little heavier than some others I've seen, but the gear box looks the same. If I tell him a brand new one is only $420. maybe he wont feel so insulted.

JB.

they make 3-4 models. range from the $400 - 750 or so if i remember right...not counting the augers.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #44  
Just purchased a Leinbach L-7300 last week. Dug my first 33 holes this week and did a great job. Got the 9 inch auger with it. I happen to live about 35 miles from the Leinbach Machinery Company, so got a good price. I would recommend it.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #45  
The Kioti tank diverter kit arrived and took about 15 minutes to install. Had to try and dig a hole just to see how the hyd assist does.

I went down about 12" into the ground and it hit the hardpan and quite digging. I added down pressure and in she went. as i raised the 3 point, the ram collapsed on its own and the hyd fluid dumped into tank as its supposed to. i continued to 36" deep. Man this is sweet. cant wait to work on that fence .... if it EVER stops raining.

Its hailing right now. and snowing above 4,000 feet. Its nearly JUNE.

global warming my

Attachments

• cute wilbur 2.jpg
    cute wilbur 2.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 201
   / Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #46  
Here is a Danuser that we are currently running on Ebay. Ken Sweet
Used Danuser 12 inch Post Hole Digger, CAN SHIP CHEAP | eBay

Hi Ken.

I've got a Kubota B2150. What do you suggest in the way of a PHD for that tractor ?

Do you have anything "used" like that Danuser left ?

My local Kubota dealer carries the Landpride, and they swear by the Landpride stuff.

There is someone near me selling a used Leinbach L-7200 with a 9" auger for $375 but I don't know much about those... I have read good and bad.

Thanks, Tim

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #47  
Hi Ken.

I've got a Kubota B2150. What do you suggest in the way of a PHD for that tractor ?

My local Kubota dealer carries the Landpride, and they swear by the Landpride stuff.

There is someone near me selling a used Leinbach L-7200 with a 9" auger for $375 but I don't know much about those... I have read good and bad.

Thanks, Tim

Tim, I sold that digger. All I have now is a good used Danuser PTO operated 3 point hitch post driver for $1295. Ken Sweet

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #48  
Tim, I sold that digger. All I have now is a good used Danuser PTO operated 3 point hitch post driver for $1295. Ken Sweet

Ken, What are the particulars on that one ?

Model, Auger Size(s), year, condition etc

Thanks.

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #50  
Hi Ken.

Thanks, Tim

Tim,

The Land Pride is good quality, and the price reflects it. I nearly choked when I saw what the dealer wanted for one here. They're firmly in bed with Kubota now, and loving it. Their gearboxes are made in China, the same as everyone else's. The attached pic is from my 1860 rotary cutter gearbox. The sticker had a clear plastic cover that was painted over.

I picked up a used Kubota digger (made by Auburn Consolidated Industries quite a few years ago) for about $600. Less than half of new price and it didn't need much.

The Leinbach may be fine for your use, I don't know much about the B2150. One thing to think about is how far the 2150 can lift the auger point. The 7300 Junior (I think) is made for smaller tractors with less lift height.

My L3400 can lift the BL-80 I have about a foot clear of the ground, that's with a 42" auger.

Sean

Attachments

• DSC00952.jpg
    DSC00952.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 240