Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
I have a 35hp bobcat ct2035 hst tractor. Seeing a lot of used 54" snowblowers for sale. I feel like I would like something the width of the tractor though. I see a nice 64" for sale, but not nearly the deals as on the 54s. There are some 72s and 80s but I feel that would be too big. I mean whether it is a 54 or 64 I would still need to do 2 passes on my lane...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
   / Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor #2  
Seems you could. I run a 6ft blade on my atv. Ask if you'd like to see pics.

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor #3  
You probably want that plow to be about a foot wider than your tractor when it is perpendicular to the front. This way when you angle it (which it will probably be angled most of the time right) it covers your tires. For this, a 72.

If you expect to never angle it, then a 64 would be perfect.

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor
I apologize, I meant snowblower not snowplow!

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor #5  
I apologize, I meant snowblower not snowplow!
Oofft. Ok no worries. The just wheel width or a bit wider. Do not get the 54, get the 64.

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor #6  
Get the 64". To get to the edge of your road, your rear tire would be off of the road with a 54".

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor #7  
You definitely want to at least cover your tracks. I would not even consider the 54" for yur tractor.

I use a 64" rear snowblower on my 33HP tractor (tractor is 63" wide). I was looking for something a few inches wider, thinking that I need a little extra for manuevering around turns, but this one has worked out fine for me. I ended up with it because a friend was selling and offered it to me for $500. It was probably worth $1500 given the brand and condition, and I told him so, but he just wanted it gone and wanted it to go to a good home.

There is more to sizing a snowblower than just the width, however. The fan size and design can make a huge difference in the HP required to drive it properly. A big aggressive fan that will throw the snow a good distance will take more horsepower than a smaller one, even if they have the same width. It pays to look at the manufacturer's recommendations for HP.

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor
Good advice thanks. The 64 a new frontier for $3600 tax in, which is more than I was wanting to spend. I was looking for a used one... but the used ones look pretty rough and anything half decent is over $2000. (CAD). But I'll focus on finding a 64-68" one one now. Thanks.

/ Best snowblower width for 35hp, 62" wide tractor #9  
. . . There is more to sizing a snowblower than just the width, however. The fan size and design can make a huge difference in the HP required to drive it properly. A big aggressive fan that will throw the snow a good distance will take more horsepower than a smaller one, even if they have the same width. It pays to look at the manufacturer's recommendations for HP.

Also look at the specs for your tractor. Marketeers like to advertise big numbers so they will talk about the gross HP at the crankshaft. There are considerable losses from the flywheel on back especially for HST tractors. My Kubota L45 is engine gross HP: 45, engine net HP: 42.5, and claimed PTO HP: 32. That said, with HST you can creep into a snowbank slowly enough not to bog down or stall the blower.

Last edited: