Best Snowplow for Tractor?

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #11  
They should all float, whether it’s a loader or a front 3 point. At least mine do….

Being able to have down pressure is great for packed/driven over snow. Customers appreciate the cleaner job.

If the loader makes the plow too heavy for you you could install a plastic cutting edge.
There was another thread a few weeks back, where people were advising me to add a float to my curl mechanism, to resolve some of my headaches with a loader-mounted plow. The theory is that floating the curl puts about the right amount of weight on the cutting edge, versus floating the whole loader, which is almost always too much.

I just realized that with a simple swap of the hydraulic lines between loader and tractor (60 second job), I could have the standard float control on my curl cylinders. It might be something else to wrap my head around "curl" being lift and "lift" now being curl, but that might be manageable if it's only ever done when mounting the snow plow.

Like hopping into a right-hand drive car, it's not that hard to get used to driving on the left side of the road, once your brain associates the two. It's when you try to drive a left-driver American car on a UK road system that your brain really trips over itself.

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #12  
The curl function is actually referred to as the retract function in a hydraulic circuit but as long as the machine works.......

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #13  
you guys are a great resource and I thought I would put it out there.... has anyone compared skid steer-mounted snowplows for FELS? As far as a particular design is best a rolling the snow off the blade? I have a WR Long plow (as that is the brand my local dealer sells) and I am not too impressed. That being said my neighbor who owned the tractor before me, actually bent the driver's side of the plow using it as a bulldozer blade. I'd like to find a plow that is higher than 18" and is best designed to "throw snow" higher than 18" at a decent plowing speed of roughly 5-10mph. I am running a DK50C Kioti. Exploring my options.
I bought one off Ebay, I think the brand was a Bendall and sold by a company out of Minnesota. I paid $2850 delivered. I an happy with it, it rolls the snow pretty good. I've plowed drifts as tall as the plow, which is 24" x 84" and I have never had snow rollover the top of it. I made a You Tube video of me using it on some hard drifts.
I have no complaints about it except for a crappy weld on a t-bar on an adjusting nut on one skid shoe. It's hydraulic angle and with the temps I had when I did the video, I was glad I did not have to exit the cab to change the angle. It is Chinesium but the welds have been good so far. I've probably put 30+ hours on it in the last few months.

Attachments

• Snow Plow.jpg
    Snow Plow.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
   / Best Snowplow for Tractor? #14  
The Arctic skid steer plow comes with a thick plastic moldboard, a galvanized frame, a crossover relief valve and a snow foil. No significant rust after 10 years and protected hydraulics. It is a trip edge plow.

1675425005292.jpeg

1675424442401.jpeg

1675424480400.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Best Snowplow for Tractor? #15  
Made in Canada where all your snow comes from

HLA stuff tends to be built well

Last edited:
   / Best Snowplow for Tractor? #16  
Made in Canada where all your snow comes from

HLA stuff tends to be build well

Yep, gotta love anything made for snow from Canada!
I really want this Arctic plow, perfect for the Ram, but don’t want to plow with the Ram. Its bad-ass!

I’m surprised Arctic didnt sell better in the states. Best designed plow I’ve ever seen, until Deleks.

1675424853794.jpeg

I have an HLA log grapple and a set of HLA hay forks.

Last edited:
   / Best Snowplow for Tractor? #17  
I also like HLA stuff. I plow with an HLA 2000 ssqa blade, and it's very well made.
I also like my Luck now blower (Canadian), but they are extremely difficult to get parts for here in the states. Getting the parts necessary to add hydraulics and a cutting edge was a real hassle.

I looked into Arctic some years ago, and couldn't find a remotely close dealer. They have an interesting setup with the easily removable plow wings for cuts, plus Paul Short of Specialty Repairs swears by them.

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #19  
I bought one off Ebay, I think the brand was a Bendall and sold by a company out of Minnesota. I paid $2850 delivered. I an happy with it, it rolls the snow pretty good. I've plowed drifts as tall as the plow, which is 24" x 84" and I have never had snow rollover the top of it. I made a You Tube video of me using it on some hard drifts.
I have no complaints about it except for a crappy weld on a t-bar on an adjusting nut on one skid shoe. It's hydraulic angle and with the temps I had when I did the video, I was glad I did not have to exit the cab to change the angle. It is Chinesium but the welds have been good so far. I've probably put 30+ hours on it in the last few months.
Hello 3 Horse Ranch,

What brand of snow blower do you have on your mule and how old is it??
If you have a lower gear to use in your mule that will reduce the amount
of snow that build up in front of it.

Last edited:
   / Best Snowplow for Tractor? #20  
We got it from Titan Attachments last spring when they were clearing them out. It's a 72" about 4 inches wider than the tractor. We got it at the right time, they were selling the same unit this winter for almost double what we paid for it. Ours was about $2500 delivered, they were selling this winter for $4200 plus tax. It will gobble up anything I can throw, including chunky refrozen snow.
Edit: The tractor is an HST and I use low range and a light foot but that snow was densely packed wind driven stuff. Also, since I am approaching 72 my body doesn't always appreciate being turned around so I give it a few minutes rest occasionally. On lesser amounts of fresh snow, I plow both sides toward the middle and drive backwards using my mirrors. Then the snow is gone never to be messed with again.

Last edited: