Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll

/ Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll #1  

bpence

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST - 1995
I was somewhat surprised when I looked at the Best Manufacturer Poll on the home page this morning. Being a proud Kubota owner, knowing other Kubota tractor junkies, having read all of the posts here and on the CTB about "challenges" folks are having with their blue and especially green machines, how could Kubota be ranked behind New Holland and John Deere in this poll?

I think the Kubota owners need to get out and vote. Forget about November 7, we need to see Kubota sitting on top of the heap here.

Of course, maybe the Kubota guys are too busy out running their machines and the other guys have the time since their machines are in the shop. Yea, that's probably it.

Bob Pence

/ Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll #2  
I always figured that the best tractor is the one that is doing the jobs required of it, regardless of manufacturer. So, I'll let someone else vote on my behalf.

/ Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll #3  
When I first found Tractorbynet I would check that poll out fairly regularly then I started noticing that it would take radical jumps from one day to the next by brand. I suspect ballot stuffing but I sure could be wrong. Muhammad, is that possible or do you track who has voted? With unregistered people able to vote I suspect it would be very difficult to build a screen to only allow one vote per person.

/ Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll #4  
EddieW,

I noticed the same thing that you have in jumps. I believe, based on my observations, that the voting is tracked by the IP address. Whenever I access TractorByNet from home I am dialing-in and my ISP gives me a random IP address from their collection of thousands (and I have the opportunity to vote often). When I access TractorByNet from work I have a dedicated IP address and was only presented with the "opportunity" to vote once.

Maybe voting should be restricted to registered members and then track by member name (of course keeping the secret ballot - like its really a secret with some of us /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif).

It is amazing that the vote count can jump hundreds in one day, more than the amount of posts.

DaveV

/ Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll #5  
Dave, Eddie,

You're right - the polls are tracked by the IP address... if you get a new one, you would probably be able to vote again. But I doubt that the poll is 'stuffed'.

As for the jumps... keep in mind that while there are 1,300+ registered users in this forum, there are between 30,000 and 45,000 individual users that visit the site every month... and a lot of them visit the home page where the poll is. If the numbers were jumping more than 1,500 per day, reguraly, and there were fewer than 1,500 different people visiting the site on those days, I'd wonder. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll #6  
Sorry Muhammad, just my suspicious nature, I guess.

/ Best Tractor Manufacturer Poll
It does my heart good to see that all of the orange folks out there have found a few minutes to jump in and cast a vote for Kubota as the best tractor manufacturer. Good to see the orange machines leading the pack, again.

Bob Pence