Best truck under $10k?

/ Best truck under $10k? #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Let's just say, best general use pickup truck under $10,000 in the current market.

Factors to consider:

Reliability (starting from the age/mileage)
Features/performance
Practicality
Value

/ Best truck under $10k? #2  
at 10k they are all junk, not sure what your expecting. Toyota is the way to go, but thats like a 200k mile vehicle

/ Best truck under $10k? #3  
All your factors mean so many different things.
Reliability expectations of a 40 year old truck with 200k “classic” truck are very different from a 5 year old truck with 50k…but those aren’t 10k and under I guess.
Features and performance off road? Towing? Hauling? Tool truck?
Practicality driving to the hardware store for a load of lumber or commuting to work?
Value…at 10k a 60-80 year old truck is a lot more value at 10k than a 20 year old truck. IMHO

/ Best truck under $10k?
I guess the better question is... what would you buy?

/ Best truck under $10k? #5  
I guess the better question is... what would you buy?
It’s not a brand issue. Its a budget issue, right (10k)?
Look at any of them and find the one in the best condition under 10k.
Brand be darned.

/ Best truck under $10k? #6  
What do you plan to do with it? Hauling lumber occasionally requires less than something to tow your 12,000 tractor every weekend.
2WD or 4WD? Depending on your needs, your best bet in that price range would be a 2WD, regular cab. Brand isn't as important as how well it's been cared for.

/ Best truck under $10k? #8  
I've got a 2005 f350 crew cab lariat 6.0 powerstroke with only 250k miles and a very minor mouse infestation that i'll deliver to your doorstep straight from Michigan for the low low price of 9,999.

/ Best truck under $10k? #9  
You might get a decent 2-wheel drive Ford Ranger from the 90's for that around here.

You won't be able to find any useable full-size truck for that here short of a buddy/family deal.

/ Best truck under $10k? #10  
While it is not what I would buy, I think the Tacoma has the best record of lasting, and highest used value from what I have always heard. It is midsized and too small to pull my tractor.