Best way to clean up storm debris

/ Best way to clean up storm debris #11  
We had quite the wind storm Monday this week, still no power. I decided I better do some clean up on the front yard and drive way before it snows, don't think my snow blower will like all the branches. I found that my chain harrow makes a great debris rake!
View attachment 527060
Agreed, perfect way to clean up all those small bits off the trees.

/ Best way to clean up storm debris #12  
If youre talking about raking over lawn/grass you dont want to tear up, a dethatcher is better than a landscape rake.

Some 3pt dethatchers are sold, and there are riding mower styles at ~40” available at the home improvement stores for $100-150. You can sometimes find them on marketplace or offerup for $40-50. If you mount two of them on a sinple angle iron or square tube you get an ~80” dethatcher (/rake) pretty cheap. Even at full price for both itd be cheaper than the 3pt ones sold. I plan to collect a second one and do this.

Can also buy individual tines for a side delivery hay rake and make your own that way, or part out a piece of crap hay rake for its tines to make something smaller and more practical for yard use.

/ Best way to clean up storm debris #13  
To keep the bugs etc out of the back yard that I fenced in for
our dog I cover the whole area with garden lime working from
the house to the fence. No fleas or tics etc And of course the
50 lb bags have tripled in price

willy

/ Best way to clean up storm debris #14  
This year the area I had to rake pine needles was over one acre. Then I had a brain flash. Fired up the riding mower and simply "mowed" the pine needles into rows. Saved a whole lot of time and a sore back.

Worked like a champ.