Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket?

/ Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket? #1  

Suburban Plowboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
I am using my Kubota L3710 more these days, and I am not happy with the tines mounted on the bucket. They are strong enough, but they are a pain to remove and attach, and they are hard on the bucket. Picture attached.

Is there something better out there? Maybe an attachment that doesn't need a bucket?

I have seen fork tines that don't have chains like mine, which makes me wonder if the chains are even necessary.

I use the FEL to its fullest capacity, and the tractor's rating is 1500 pounds. I would need something sturdy.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 08 10 18 Kubota tractor brush forks small.jpg
    08 10 18 Kubota tractor brush forks small.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 81
   / Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket? #2  
   / Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket? #3  
If you have a quick attach, it could be fairly inexpensive to buy a quick attach plate and weld your existing forks to it. Then you wouldn't be hurting your bucket.

You could also modify what you have by welding each of those forks to a common member that bolts into your bucket with two bolts so you don't have to mess with chains.

WranglerX posted this explanation of how he made his own forks and attached them to his bucket. He has some very practical ideas here that you might look over. Optimal Shape of Brush Fork tines?

Last edited:
   / Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket?
Thanks for the replies. I just read that thread.

Do I have to worry about clamp-on tines bending a Kubota bucket's lower lip? I suppose not, since the tines I have on it now haven't done that.

I don't have a quick-attach bucket. I have never taken the bucket off. It comes off with 4 bolts and 4 pins.

I rarely use the bucket by itself, because it's such a pain to put the forks back on. I wonder if it's easier to remove the bucket and put some kind of fork attachment on the FEL arms. I can fabricate well enough to make something if I have to.

I don't understand why the existing tines have chains instead of clamps.

/ Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket? #5  
Do I have to worry about clamp-on tines bending a Kubota bucket's lower lip?

If you have a standard bucket, no, but PRUDENCE is advised.

If you have a Light Materials Bucket, no clamp-on attachment should be used.

If you have Kubota's optional heavy-duty, round-back bucket, it is amply strong for mounting any attachment.

I wonder if it's easier to remove the bucket and mount some kind of fork attachment directly on the FEL.

Most new compact tractors are sold with SSQA (Skid Steer Quick Attach) FEL couplers. SSQA is an equipment industry standard. You can purchase the couplers aftermarket. The male/female couplers weigh ~110 pounds. Likely $4-$5 per pound.

MORE: SSQA couplers site:tractorbynet.com

tractor SSQA couplers

Last edited:
It's starting to look like the best solution would be to put a quick attach coupler on this thing, modify the bucket, and find a skid steer fork attachment with 3 or 4 forks.

I see some people have put Kubota-brand "2-lever quick couplers" on their L681 loaders, but I'm not sure what the part number is. I see a coupler listed under M1802, but I have not yet been able to get anyone to tell me whether it's the right one.

I emailed Coleman Equipment, and they refused to discuss selling me anything. I wonder if they got in trouble with other dealers. They list an OEM coupler for $645, but it is apparently not actually for sale.

/ Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket? #7  
Last edited:
Yes but much cheaper.

Here are some photos of the bucket. I don't know the difference between various options Kubota offered. The bottom seems to be very thick.

I now think I should buy an SSQA, modify the bucket myself, cut up the existing forks, and turn them into an SSQA attachment.

I want to put some grab hooks on this thing, but the upper surface of the bucket is behind a raised lip, so I'm not sure how to mount them with any kind of strength. The previous owner stuck a 2x4 in there to reduce damage to the bucket. To make it work with hooks, before conversion, I would have to use short pieces of wood instead.

Attachments

• 05 21 22 Kubota bucket front small.jpg
    05 21 22 Kubota bucket front small.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 05 21 22 Kubota bucket rear small.jpg
    05 21 22 Kubota bucket rear small.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 82
   / Better Forks for Kubota L3710 Bucket? #10  
I want to put some grab hooks on this thing, but the upper surface of the bucket is behind a raised lip.