Better parking brake warning needed.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #81  
Last edited:
   / Better parking brake warning needed. #82  
A better parking brake warning is needed. The MX52 will walk away with the parking brakes on without braking a sweat. :oops: :(:cautious: Happened twice now...
I'm thinking about adding a big flashing light. The tiny indicator in the cluster is nearly useless.
I'm wondering if anyone has made an improvement in this area.

Radio Shack (remember them?) used to sell flashing lights that looked like an old-style flash bulb going off when the phone rang. One of those in series with the dummy light would alert all but the blind.

As for me, I notice right away that my parking brake is stuck on except when parked on snow, when instead of thinking about the obvious, that I've left the parking brake on—no, no, I consider that considering the weather, perhaps the rear diff has frozen up or some such like I did in my fourth to last video.

Seemingly, my intellectual acuity and situational awareness is apparently fading.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #83  
I used the tractor yesterday and I think it's a matter of autogenics. Develop a routine in order: check oil, in neutral, start motor, un-chock wheel, check rops, in seat...belt on, in gear, hold brake releasing parking brake, lift blade and FEL bucket.
Like anything...practice. You probably don't drive car with parking brake on.
You could do it in an order, park it, repeat a few times until it becomes routine. It takes 2 minutes at most.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #84  
Doesn't work for me since the only time I lock the brake ON is mid cycle while I'm already operating the tractor 🥴

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
I'm learning to accept the E brake for what it is (hard to set properly). I'm dreaming now of having the set lever up at a reasonable location for an American operator. :)

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #86  
Doesn't work for me since the only time I lock the brake ON is mid cycle while I'm already operating the tractor
Habit.
You couple it with something else, like in neutral...brake on, in gear brake off.
No different than getting dressed. I'm sure you don't put shorts over your pants?
Shorts, t-shirt, socks, pants, shirt, shoes.
Routine.

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
Mine's easy. Trying to picture where yours is :unsure:
Scotty, post a picture please :)
Mine is under the dash above the pedals. It's easy to reach if you put you chin on the steering wheel