Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #111  
I'm more concerned about fuel theft than cat theft. Just installed locking caps on everything. I'd gladly give a thief all the cats he wants, my wife has about 30 roaming around the farm.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts
I'm more concerned about fuel theft than cat theft. Just installed locking caps on everything. I'd gladly give a thief all the cats he wants, my wife has about 30 roaming around the farm.
Standard is poke a hole in the tank while laying on the ground...

Almost no syphoning anymore...

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #113  
Standard is poke a hole in the tank while laying on the ground...

Almost no syphoning anymore...
That might apply to my wife's Suburban but my buggy is so low to the ground, the thief would literally have to be a 'pin head' to access the fuel tank....lol Same applies to the converter. We really don't go anywhere where any of our vehicles would be subject to that kind of theft actually. I installed locking fuel caps as more of a preventive measure than anything else and it was time for new caps anyway as I'm sure the ability to seal was long gone with the original ones. Fuel caps to wear out. The sealing capability degrades over time and you loose fuel do to evaporation. Not so much with diesel but with gasoline, vapor evaporation can be a concern, plus with newer vehicles, an ill sealing fuel cap can throw a check engine light.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #117  
My cat went out on my pu so I cut it opened cleaned it out welded it back together, the thieves would get a surprise,we have had quiet a few stole even on school vehicles.Oh cat not required for inspection here.
They may get a surprise but your exhaust pipes will be just a destroyed. Sorry.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #118  
I remember about 10 years ago watching a video of an electric drag racer where someone dropped a wrench on the battery terminals and started a plasma fire. SWEET! 🔥

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #120  
I've seen what a metallic watch strap can do to a wrist that probed blindly under the dash of an aircraft.
Not pretty!