Backhoe BH top link or not?

/ BH top link or not?
Thanks for your thoughts
I was thinking the top link would just tighten things up?
maybe too much ?
I think the sub frame (Kioti) should pin at the front?
My Cousin has a CK 20 with a woods sub frame and a Wallenstein hoe and his is pinned at the front but he doesn't use the top link.
HB

/ BH top link or not? #12  
Seems to me like its time for Kioti to take responsibility for their design of their Backhoe and settle this question once and for all, Top link connected or top link not connected? Fred

/ BH top link or not? #13  
Is anyone aware of any instance where the top link was used and caused damage? I keep hearing that it can cause major damage, but no examples.

/ BH top link or not? #14  
If it wasn't supposed to be used why did they bother to put the tabs on the b'hoe frame for a top-link? :cool:

/ BH top link or not? #15  
If it wasn't supposed to be used why did they bother to put the tabs on the b'hoe frame for a top-link? :cool:
I think many tractor backhoes are setup to be sold as 3 point backhoes (my Rhino was that way and the subframe was an option, so it also has the tabs)

/ BH top link or not?
DK35vince you are right for sure Kioti BH are built to mount as 3ph or subframe that is why the top link is there.
HB

/ BH top link or not? #17  
It occurs to me that if using the BH as a 3PH setup than one would use the top link and when using as a sub-frame install then one would not need the top link. :thumbsup:

Case closed!:D

CM out.

/ BH top link or not? #18  
For the record,

KIOTI Tractors position is to NOT use the toplink on the Backhoe. The tabs are there, but KIOTI intends for the subframe to distribute the backhoe forces to the tractor without the top-link. We raised the question several years ago when the new 24XX series backhoes came out, and received a written response from KIOTI Techinical Department to not use the toplink.

Hope this helps

/ BH top link or not? #19  
Thanks Michigan Iron, thats what I'm going with. Fred