Backhoe BH77 owners

/ BH77 owners #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
I'd like to adapt a BH77 mechanical thumb to a KX008 excavator. Is there an owner of a BH77 backhoe that could provide me with the outside width of the BH77 bucket where it attaches to the stick with the main pin, or if you have the Kubota 6 position mechcanical thumb, the inside dimension of the thumb where it attaches to the bucket at the main pin. Thanks

/ BH77 owners
Thanks for the link. I think the thumb strut pivot might be the measurement I was looking for. Still hope to find a BH77 somewhere so I can make sure. The thumb piece as a separate part is about $407 and I need to be sure before I order it.

/ BH77 owners #4  
Looks to be exactly 6 inches. Maybe just a hair over 6 if anything, probably due to the thickness of the powder coating. First picture is deceiving due to the angle I snapped it. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Take care,
Russ

DSCN1677.jpgDSCN1679.jpgDSCN1680.jpg

/ BH77 owners
Thanks Russ. Good pictures. That's the measurement I wanted. It looks like it will work with my KX008. I believe it's the same pin diameter, just under an inch. Since you offered, can you measure the length from the pin to the tip of the thumb?
Regards

/ BH77 owners #6  
You are correct, the pin looks to be right at an inch, or just under. Total length looks to be 16.5" from center of the pin to the tip. Can't figure out what is wrong with my cheapo camera. It focuses and then goes out of focus when I snap the picture. I will keep messing with it and repost better pictures if I figure it out. Let me know if you needed any further info. Back out to the garage to see if I can repair my leaf blower.

DSCN0002.jpgDSCN0003.jpgDSCN0004.jpgDSCN0005.jpg

/ BH77 owners
Thanks again Russ. My bucket is just a little longer than the thumb, but I can weld a few teeth onto it if need be. Now to see if a dealer can give me a reasonable price on one. The Kubota config. lists them for $475. Can't wait to start this project.
Ronster

/ BH77 owners #8  
I can't figure out my camera issue. Here are a few pic's in focus from my phone. Have you checked out online with Lashley, Keller, or Messicks just to compare prices?

Thumb.jpgThumb2.jpgThumb5.jpg

/ BH77 owners #9  
   / BH77 owners
Russ, you've created a monster here. Gotta bug you for one more measurement. How much distance do you have from the main pin back to the small brackets that are welded onto the stick? My machine has about 28" or so to play with. I'll check around for prices. Thanks a million for all the help.
Ronster