Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,411  
In the spirit of inclusivity we must not forget CROSS peen hammers...

IMG_2164.jpg

#4,412  
I picked up this small lot of blacksmith stuff last week.

IMG_2049.jpg

which cleaned up rather nicely...

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,414  
Very nice 🤙

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,415  
Definitely cleaned up nicely. Though I am curious as to the notches in that hammer handle ..... was that the number of thumbs it'd whacked? or just where some other tooling had been used to hold it?

If only tools could talk.....

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,416  
My hammers would talk about how I can't hit a Bull in the A**...... And that I swing like a girl.....

#4,417  
Definitely cleaned up nicely. Though I am curious as to the notches in that hammer handle ..... was that the number of thumbs it'd whacked? or just where some other tooling had been used to hold it?

If only tools could talk.....

These are top swaging tools designed to be hit with another hammer.

It would be held in place by a helper using two hands to hold or by one person with the tool in one hand and wielding the striking hammer with the other.

As such perhaps the notches were to provide grip for a shortened one handed hold. (Guesstimate on my part)

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,418  
Those are works of art ! Pretty sure the ball peens have become weaponized due to the ammo shortage!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,419  
My hammers would talk about how I can't hit a Bull in the A**...... And that I swing like a girl.....
If my tools could talk some of them would say, "where've you been?"... and I would reply that I was just going to say the same thing.