Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,842  
Beautiful...and love the old Bronco also!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,843  
Love the Internationals - Scouts and Pickups. Great Find!
Coincidently I saw an International pickup on the road today. It was loaded pretty good and squatting but looked all straight and clean. Nice to see!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,844  
My good friends Dave and Kathy brought me a present…

IMG_7107.jpg

Three more oil cans they found at the Swap and Shop on Sunday!

Full of oil too.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,845  
The oil can with the long spout looks like it was
used my MR Choo Choo.
Back in the 80's I picked up a 55 gal drum of
dello 400 for $100 though I got a good buy!
Now the drum will hold my diesel fuel for my
tractor and when I lived in Wisconsin had a 250
gal drum in my garage with a hand pump and filled
up our VW rabbit diesel sure saved a lot of money
on that one. hand pump will now be used in the 55 gal oil drum. Rabbit only got 52 to 53 on highway.
My 03 Dodge cummins at 55 can only get between
25 & 30 mpg run 75 - 80 19 - 20 mpg. Can't see
buying a new pickup with less mileage and only use
it a couple times a year. Has under 150,000 miles
on it. Have a 14 ft enclosed trailer will probably be
up for sale.

willy

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,846  
when I lived in Wisconsin had a 250
gal drum in my garage with a hand pump and filled
up our VW rabbit diesel sure saved a lot of money
on that one. hand pump will now be used in the 55 gal oil drum. Rabbit only got 52 to 53 on highway.
Those small old diesel engines in cars in the 80's were something else. Parents had a diesel Chevette that got 52mpg pretty easily. Never really got any highway running on it so that probably would have been better. Always baffled me how we 'evolved' from cars like that to what we have today. Did it really improve??

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,847  
Those small old diesel engines in cars in the 80's were something else. Parents had a diesel Chevette that got 52mpg pretty easily. Never really got any highway running on it so that probably would have been better. Always baffled me how we 'evolved' from cars like that to what we have today. Did it really improve??
Too bad, at 51 HP it probably was able to readily get up to highway speed. Some of that vintage struggled. :oops:

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,848  
Too bad, at 51 HP it probably was able to readily get up to highway speed. Some of that vintage struggled. :oops:
It wasn't quick. It had a 5-speed manual though, so it wasn't too much of a dog. But what early 80's car wasn't anemic? :)

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,849  
Today I think I will be dealing with these wimpy tailgate chains that are scratching the vehicles paint.

IMG_7113.jpg

A cursory internet search shows aftermarket replacements varying in style, quality and price from $100 and up to $500 for NOS OEM

I should be able to figure out something suitable.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,850  
Today I think I will be dealing with these wimpy tailgate chains that are scratching the vehicles paint.

View attachment 711928

A cursory internet search shows aftermarket replacements varying in style, quality and price from $100 and up to $500 for NOS OEM

I should be able to figure out something suitable.

Slide a piece of large clear vinyl (or whatever) tubing over them.