Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,092  
so jealous of the space this is me cramp up with two snowmobiles, a quad, two dirt bikes, two pedal bikes a generator and a snow blower. lol
A well organized shop requires at least one of two things. :)

1. Sell all your "stuff".
2. Have a storage shed.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,093  
A click bottom oil can is one of man's simplest most productive inventions.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,094  
A well organized shop requires at least one of two things. :)

1. Sell all your "stuff".
2. Have a storage shed.
The last few weeks I have been rearranging stuff in shop to make 'more room' and increase access/usability of some of my larger tools. Something is telling me I need to expand or contract because I am not being productive lately, just overthinking how the layout could be better.

I have uncovered a few items that I hadn't seen in years and totally forgotten. Unfortunately I just moved them to another spot that is more out of the way!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,095  
The last few weeks I have been rearranging stuff in shop to make 'more room' and increase access/usability of some of my larger tools. Something is telling me I need to expand or contract because I am not being productive lately, just overthinking how the layout could be better.

I have uncovered a few items that I hadn't seen in years and totally forgotten. Unfortunately I just moved them to another spot that is more out of the way!
Oh how I struggle with this.

So,,,, if this morning I decide I need to reorganize my "welding area". Before I pick up one single item I better decide on a plan for relocation of the items involved. If I don't do that first, I'll later look around and realize all I did was move some stuff around with no improvement of productivity......

I keep these dilemma's secret from my wife.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#5,096  

Oh how I struggle with this.

So,,,, if this morning I decide I need to reorganize my "welding area". Before I pick up one single item I better decide on a plan for relocation of the items involved. If I don't do that first, I'll later look around and realize all I did was move some stuff around with no improvement of productivity......

I keep these dilemma's secret from my wife.

One trick is to find others in the same situation nearby. You could "trade"

Acquire new treasures and have fun in the process.

* This is only an unproven concept on my part. Unfortunately I keep acquiring stuff LOL

This is what I got yesterday for $60cdn (aprx $45 usd)

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

View of the back showing level of detail...
IMG_1337.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,097  
I think we all struggle with GARAGE TETRIS but BB seems to not only have a pretty big space but I’m positive he picks and chooses the items he wants to keep and/or take up space for to do projects better than most of us.

for me I not only share a small 2 gar garage with my bride that wants her car inside ever night. It also FSD ( flat surface disease which not only includes benches but also shelving, floor, and even my empty trailer at times.

BB you have set the bar high for all of us and anytime you want to share your secrets please do as we all enjoy watching you keep improving.

have a great day even during the PNW drizzle season.

#5,098  
I think we all struggle with GARAGE TETRIS but BB seems to not only have a pretty big space but I’m positive he picks and chooses the items he wants to keep and/or take up space for to do projects better than most of us.

for me I not only share a small 2 gar garage with my bride that wants her car inside ever night. It also FSD ( flat surface disease which not only includes benches but also shelving, floor, and even my empty trailer at times.

BB you have set the bar high for all of us and anytime you want to share your secrets please do as we all enjoy watching you keep improving.

have a great day even during the PNW drizzle season.

Thanks Drives. Heavy rain 3/4" overnite but sunny and 50° atm

One of my tenants is cleaning up his shop and gave me some stuff for my shop .....

IMG_1353.jpg

Grocery store bottle holders for disinfectant and two sizes of plastic cable clamps

#5,099  
I used the chopped off 5/8" NC bolt remnant from my welding clamp mod last week....

IMG_1434.jpg

and screwed it into a matching coupling nut (avec Loctite)

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

to create an extended reach arbor

IMG_1431.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,100  
Awesome idea!! How did it work? Do you own snd use any radial brush wheels for your grinders (hand or bench)?