Big Bud Tractors Resurrected

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #31  
It needs that much fuel. 2 stroke Detroit's are fuel pigs. :Looks like a leaker too. Typical 2 stroke Detroit. You do know that Roadway never changed the oil in their Detroit's, they just added.

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #32  
The big stuff is impressive, more manufacturing in this country is necessary. Hard to imagine an operation big enough to pay for those beauties.
Our old 3 and 4 cylinders are Japanese, going to keep the 12v Cummins as long as I can.
Heard about Cat going retro and building the good old stuff again but we have a tough row to hoe to clean up the mess that we got ourselves into.

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #33  
I have no problems with computers in tractors or trucks. That has been common since the 80's. I have no problems with common rail diesel its proven and it works. What I have a problem with is proprietary software, locked ports, etc. Requiring a dealer to be the one to troubleshoot your equipment. IMO the writing is on the wall. "They" are attempting to phase out fossil fuel. Emission standards are becoming almost impossible to meet requiring more and more trash embedded on your engine at a time when quality control and skill in the workforce is the worst in history. The days of the million mile consumer diesel ended around 2004 when the last 7.3 Powerstroke rolled off the line. 6.7 is a good engine but its not even comparable to the 7.3 in reliability and cost of ownership. There is a reason that pre 2004-5 diesels are in such high demand. Clean 7.3 OBS trucks are selling for 15k-30k+ along with LB7 Duramax under 150k miles expect to pay 20k+

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #34  
Cummins has a bad habit of pulling head bolts. Of course the blocks are cast in India...
Is that any worse than CATs blocks that are cast in china?

SR

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #35  
Cast in India last time I checked... Thank the EPA for that They basically put every grey iron foundry out of business with their emissions mandates.

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #38  
There are still B Bud tractors in use, being repaired and updated.. Here is one a neighbor to my sister uses in central SD. No video's on YTube to be found on it.View attachment 780583
Check Welker Farms on YT. They have Big Buds

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #40  
...and all the other major world players could care less. Wake up and smell the roses before their aren't any.
Last I checked I haven’t seen or smelled any brown smog in US cities like I used to see in the 1970s. And that’s good for us even if China’s air requires people who live there to wear masks to breathe.