Big cities are dying. This should shock you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #11  
Sad :( lot factors to consider why this is happening...finger pointing,greed,looking other way etc. etc. sad indeed.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #12  
I hope they leave the city's to move to other city's. I have read NY is losing people, is it any wonder why people are moving out of that city..

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #13  
What I see is very rice moving to high rise view expensive condo/apartments and a lot more poor on the streets. The middle class seems to be fleeing.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #14  
This should shock you
No, nothing "shocks" me anymore when it comes to the decay of our country, moral decay of the people and decay of the country's infrastructure. :(

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #15  
This is a generalization I might get shot for, but in general, high tax cities are decaying and people are leaving and they are going to lower tax cities which are thriving.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #16  
This IS sad. A good friend lives in the suburbs of Seattle. They stopped to visit two years ago. They both agreed - they would really like to live in the country. BUT - not as remote as I am here. Neither could see the pleased look on my face. The last thing we need around here are city folks.

And I like this couple dearly. But they just have a completely different idea when it comes to country living.

God made the "West side" for people that enjoy that type of life. The East side is for the rest of us.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #17  
I have said for years that the cities will turn into two types: Booming cities or welfare cities. I lived in CT for years and can speak to the plight of Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Waterbury. There are nice places in each of course but these cities have seen better days and are costly. Buffalo, Baltimore, Detroit oh my.
Though I don’t care to drive in cities anymore, Boston is very nice as is New York.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #18  
Did not watch the video...have read several articles on the topic...

The two main reasons people are leaving cities...One: congestion and traffic issues along with the typical corruption and favoritism of city politics... Two: technology...I.T. allows people to work and doe personal business from anywhere...And...as fast as overnight just about anything can be had and delivered without ever leaving home...

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #19  
Without leaving the home, working from home.. We have become a very unhealthy place.

Obesity has continued to grow within the United States. Two of every three American men are considered to be overweight or obese, but the rates for women are far higher. The United States contains one of the highest percentage of obese people in the world.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #20  
Watch the video, at least 15 min of it.... I am sure not all cities are going through what Seattle is, but the West coast cities are and probably Denver, Minneapolis.... the city is allowing rampant drug use and it leads to decay. Seattle is thriving economically,,, booming actually. But this ugly side makes being in the city distasteful and the crime is going through the roof.

Here is the link again.

KOMO News Special: Seattle is Dying | KOMO

This is happening all over America, including the entire states of WVA, Kentucky, Indiana, etc where rural areas are being eaten alive by drugs, opiods, and heroin. I don't know why, but it seems many have decided that life is too painful, and have chosen a slow self induced suicide... It isn't just the "big cities".

Status
Not open for further replies.