Big cities are dying. This should shock you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #21  
This is happening all over America, including the entire states of WVA, Kentucky, Indiana, etc where rural areas are being eaten alive by drugs, opiods, and heroin. I don't know why, but it seems many have decided that life is too painful, and have chosen a slow self induced suicide... It isn't just the "big cities".

It's everywhere, you're right. 250 residents in our town and I would bet half of them are on drugs.. The way doctors prescribe opioids is it any wonder. No more scripts and they hit the streets for heroin and fentanyl and don't care were it comes from and what they have to do to get it.. A sad mess..

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #22  
They need to vote out the current politicians and vote people in that will let the police clean up the town.
I do notice that the worst homeless cities are run by bleeding heart democrats.
I used to live in Potland Oregon, the best thing our family did was get the heck out of there. Where I live now I have seen 6 homeless people in 7 yrs...

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #23  
These days, first response to any news story should be, "Does the news syndicate have an agenda?"

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #24  
Well Seattle is in King County and they are taxed to death!! My brother has a 1 yr older PU than myself both are identical other than that my newer truck tabs were 106.00 here where I live his in King County are 487.52 makes no sense.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #25  
ItThe way doctors prescribe opioids is it any wonder.
Its not the pills. It is a social or emotional problem. Opoids will burn out, they are keeping track of things with computers now. People will move on to some other drug next. Herion burned out, crack burned out, now herion is back.

Problem is people who really need pain meds are being punished. Society will have moved on to some other self abuse, but the regulations will stay. We complain about the cost of health care, this is just more.

People have been taking opoids for years with no problems. GF mom was on arthitis meds for years, never mugged anyone.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #26  
Its not the pills. It is a social or emotional problem. Opoids will burn out, they are keeping track of things with computers now. People will move on to some other drug next. Herion burned out, crack burned out, now herion is back.

Problem is people who really need pain meds are being punished. Society will have moved on to some other self abuse, but the regulations will stay. We complain about the cost of health care, this is just more.

People have been taking opoids for years with no problems. GF mom was on arthitis meds for years, never mugged anyone.

Opoids ARE a problem.. The amount of Narcan that's used on a daily basis should give you a clue that we have an epidemic..

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #27  
Watch the video, at least 15 min of it.... I am sure not all cities are going through what Seattle is, but the West coast cities are and probably Denver, Minneapolis.... the city is allowing rampant drug use and it leads to decay. Seattle is thriving economically,,, booming actually. But this ugly side makes being in the city distasteful and the crime is going through the roof.

Here is the link again.

KOMO News Special: Seattle is Dying | KOMO

Too many laws. When everything is illegal everyone is a criminal.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #28  
Opoids ARE a problem..

Opioids are not much of a problem, but drug laws are a terrible problem. Accidental overdose deaths are caused by the drug laws. They make it difficult for people to find a known dosage of pure drug. Opioids that are contaminated with Fentanyl are lethal. Take them off of the black market and regulate the sale. It would save a quarter of a million lives in 10 years. The control freaks think those people deserve to die.

Of course, it would not save everyone. An unknown percentage of overdose deaths are intentional suicide. It's a neat, easy and pleasant way to go. If people want to kill themselves, that is their right, but if the government gets involved they will throw people in jail for it. "Let's make a law" against anything we don't like.

One of the greatest things about living in the country is that you never see a cop.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #29  
This is not intended to be a political thread but if you have an hour to watch this, look at what is happening to our big cities. This is Seattle but the same goes for many cities these days.

Saw the results of a poll on the news this morning,

"41% of New York City's residents say that they can't afford to live there any longer."

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #30  
Opioids are not much of a problem

I respectfully disagree. I have watched three family members self destruct from opioid addiction and so far two have died because of it. People get hooked on it and transition to street drugs then it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.